GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dropping rear subframe

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone dropped the rear subframe? My concern is any brake lines or possible fuel lines that might have to get finagled with. I want to drop it to have everything powdercoated for rust prevention and to press in all new bushings. Just looking for some pointers.

Thanks!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Has anyone dropped the rear subframe? My concern is any brake lines or possible fuel lines that might have to get finagled with. I want to drop it to have everything powdercoated for rust prevention and to press in all new bushings. Just looking for some pointers.

Thanks!

It's not that bad, I've done it on mine and a few other cars for the same reasons. The fuel lines are out of the way already, you do have to work around the brake lines but there's nothing hidden. You'll be able to see everything in the way.

I'm about to press in all new bushings for the rear suspension too :) screw working in the cold, I brought it inside haha

emike34

Ready to race!
I do the string test when I drop a tranny/engine. Lower it a little bit then loop a rope around it and run it across see what it runs into

zef

Drag Racing Champion
It's not that bad, I've done it on mine and a few other cars for the same reasons. The fuel lines are out of the way already, you do have to work around the brake lines but there's nothing hidden. You'll be able to see everything in the way.

I'm about to press in all new bushings for the rear suspension too :) screw working in the cold, I brought it inside haha

Haha nice. The brake lines just pop off the little clips and they can just hang there right?

I do the string test when I drop a tranny/engine. Lower it a little bit then loop a rope around it and run it across see what it runs into

Great idea! I'll have to remember that one