GOLFMKV

GIAC stage 2 vs Unitronic Stage 2

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Whichever car has the better driver

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Umm............ UNI you all ready know:fighting0030:
Jk I don't know what mods on the UNI car ? I saw your mods and if you have the forge dv spacer take it off first I lost like 4-5 psi but could have just been my stock dv went rev-d and toke off my forge dv spacer and all is better

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
We are mod for mod, intake cbe tune, top and throttle body pipe. He has the new DV i have the forge.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Umm............ UNI you all ready know:fighting0030:
Jk I don't know what mods on the UNI car ? I saw your mods and if you have the forge dv spacer take it off first I lost like 4-5 psi but could have just been my stock dv went rev-d and toke off my forge dv spacer and all is better

Most likely a bad dv. I ran the spacer and the dv (forge as well)on my mk5 at +25psi without issues.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I must admit I really enjoyed the sound.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Only way to really tell is for both of you to start and end the race in the same gear. Say 3rd gear, 40 to redline.
Any other race and it's all driver.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
You guys talking drag style on highway , am I wrong ?

Lets say on tracks? then APR on 91 WIN over both, the best linear and smooth hps/tq-lbs curves.

Lets go far :paddle:, a stock gti with good tires/brakes setup, with skilled driver, could give some troubles to some Gti with aggressive tunes that will just kick the esp and wheelspins more that anything.

Tracks > street drag

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion

Lets say on tracks? then APR on 91 WIN over both, the best linear and smooth hps/tq-lbs curves.

Lets go far :paddle:, a stock gti with good tires/brakes setup, with skilled driver, could give some troubles to some Gti with aggressive tunes that will just kick the esp and wheelspins more that anything.

Tracks > street drag

A lot of people wont understand what you are saying here. But i have to agree with you to some extent but a lot of that is driver.

There are posted track times on the MINI forums for various tracks and there are a few regular justa coopers that are NA that have times equal to some of the turbo and s/c models. yes they are on track tires, good brakes and good suspension setups but they still lack 100WHP on a tuned turbo model and are able to keep up on the track.

People tend to not realize the difference in power and useable power.

:thumbsup:

With that being said.. I had a very aggressively tuned MK5 on Hoosier R1 255/45/17s and that car hugged the track and handled like a freight train on rails.

Good tires and Good brakes change everything on the track.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Heres the run down, I know street racing is bad, we will be doing 40 roll in 3rd gear. My car has no back seats or spare tire and i weigh 193. His car will be rear seats and he weighs about 235.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
You are hilarious now arnt you. I am curious to see and get imput from GIAC owners and Unitronic owner.

twodotfive

Ready to race!

Tracks > street drag

I don't know..the giac and apr stage 2 plots both look pretty similar.. I think when we're talking stage 2 vs. stage 2 for any tuner its going to be really similar.

hebrew hammer

i am the person with the uni car and i already beat an apr car 2nd-6th dead even as soon as we hit 6th i pulled 2 cars wasnt really a power race it was a 2nd gear 40 roll pretty much drivers race dude shifts mad high in rpms so thats what i did pretty much i would shift then he would wait for me to shit then shift but ended up pullin 2 cars in the end he has intake and downpipe i have throttle body pipe and turbo outlet pipe which i believe does nothing unless u have an aftermarket intercooler so thats why my next mod is going to b the twinter cooler them MORE POWER :))) and sorry 1flygti if its a drivers race and our cars r equallty powerfull then ill winn............... because race car driver :thumbsup:

Tracks > street drag