GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
What code is it throwing?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

P0606. ECM/PCM error. Alex said it's most likely the forge wastegate. But my tuner asked me to check for leaks in the Intake track and right off the turbo. 2nd tune is a improvement but I tried to accelerate in 4th gear on the highway hit about 10psi and went limp. Also still hit limp mode in 2nd gear, but I found if rev 1st out a little and make sure I go into 2nd closer to 2.5-3k it won't bog down. DSG btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
Same code, haven't found a pattern though.. I throw code every 250 miles or so.

We either have similar leaks, or it's the tune. You get any weird sounds when boosting? The thing is I don't think I have a leak cause I've pressure tested the car twice.

Mine started when the Cobb update came out with the launch control and all that if so I remember correctly. It's like they introduced something that's confusing the ECU. And I've had the wastegate long before this started.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

We either have similar leaks, or it's the tune. You get any weird sounds when boosting? The thing is I don't think I have a leak cause I've pressure tested the car twice.

Mine started when the Cobb update came out with the launch control and all that if so I remember correctly.

No really weird sounds. Just less induction noise than before. Back when I just had an Intake and exhaust spool was super noticeable with I.E. intake. Now not so much, but I think that's because of other mods muting sound (Intake Manifold) or the pitch changed. I don't think have a leak either car build boost reliably and easily. Lag and surge only occurs at low boost/low rpm. Only noise I noticed was distinctly different was with DV+ Install was rapid boost build produces a fizzle firework noise, like the flute noise but much higher pitched. Plan on pulling dv tomorrow as well, and check construction of it. I think the turbo blanket made the turbo quieter.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

Mine started when the Cobb update came out with the launch control and all that if so I remember correctly. It's like they introduced something that's confusing the ECU. And I've had the wastegate long before this started.

I also think it might have to do with the firmware. Whatever Cobb did on v104 update FFS, LC, upped boost limit, etc. threw something off. Flashing is slower. It's like my n75 and rev D/DV+ are conflicting can hear both working.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I also think it might have to do with the firmware. Whatever Cobb did on v104 update FFS, LC, upped boost limit, etc. threw something off. Flashing is slower. It's like my n75 and rev D/DV+ are conflicting can hear both working.

Hmm im not experiencing anything like that but ever since updating to the newest cobb firmware my AP now never shuts off its stuck in that endless loop screen where it says trying to connect to vehicle. If i unplug it and plug it back in it works auto on/off for a few on and offs and then right back to stuck trying to connect after i turn the car off.

Never did it on the old firmware the auto on/off function worked great.

CHerna

Ready to race!
I might have missed it in all the posts, but what is the cost (for us that have a pro-tune) for the new Cobb features?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I might have missed it in all the posts, but what is the cost (for us that have a pro-tune) for the new Cobb features?
i think alex said like $20 or something near that to enable the features its a few pages back.

FriggenT1

Banned
Last tune revision improved driveability a lot but still goes into limp mode if I start to push it. I think I might have figured out where I possibly have a boost leak. Only thing I can think of is the Turbo Muffler Delete, since the turbo is ported even on the outlet it might not be sealing properly and preventing the turbo from building boost at low rpm causing the surging and following overboost. Gonna pull it off and put the stock unit on. If this doesn't fix it idk what to do lol.

Crackles are addictive. Let off throttle passing a cop, he gave me the most confused look. In 1st-2nd gear I get crackles a low as 2.5k rpm, I thought rpm had to be above 3k. Not complaining though.

How many miles had you put on the car at the time you write this sdince the last tune revision? Which forge WG spring are you using?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
How many miles had you put on the car at the time you write this sdince the last tune revision? Which forge WG spring are you using?

10-14 lb spring (yellow). I didn't have many miles went it threw code and went into limp mode, first time was went drove around the corner and shifted into 2nd. Next time was maybe 30 miles later on the highway in 4th gear, tried get on the gas a little made ~10 psi and car went limp. I haven't been able to put many miles on the revision yet, don't like driving on a tune that makes me lose all power at 75mph. I'm gonna try to put so miles on tomorrow night after work when the roads are clear. And then do some logs.

FriggenT1

Banned
10-14 lb spring (yellow). I didn't have many miles went it threw code and went into limp mode, first time was went drove around the corner and shifted into 2nd. Next time was maybe 30 miles later on the highway in 4th gear, tried get on the gas a little made ~10 psi and car went limp. I haven't been able to put many miles on the revision yet, don't like driving on a tune that makes me lose all power at 75mph. I'm gonna try to put so miles on tomorrow night after work when the roads are clear. And then do some logs.

I'm simply asking because it can take 100 miles for ecu adaption.

Which turbo are you running? What is peak boost supposed to be?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm simply asking because it can take 100 miles for ecu adaption.

Which turbo are you running? What is peak boost supposed to be?

Yeah I understand about the adaptation time. Port n Polished stock Turbo w/forge wga and dv+ ...tuner said ~22lbs peak boost.

FriggenT1

Banned
Yeah I understand about the adaptation time. Port n Polished stock Turbo w/forge wga and dv+ ...tuner said ~22lbs peak boost.

I'm assuming the WGA is also turned down to the minimum? I'm not sure to reach 22 psi you need the forge WGA, but most certainly make sure it's turned down fully and dfont assume that if it came straight from forge it will be set at 10 psi. Perhaps it was set by you or someone else before the install though?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm assuming the WGA is also turned down to the minimum? I'm not sure to reach 22 psi you need the forge WGA, but most certainly make sure it's turned down fully and dfont assume that if it came straight from forge it will be set at 10 psi. Perhaps it was set by you or someone else before the install though?

I think it's on the minimum setting. At least that's what I told the guy at the turbo shop I had install it do. I also spoke to forge on the phone right before they set up the wga and I believe he set it to the minimum. Not the easiest thing to verify lol.

I'm gonna swing by Growler Motor Labs (used to be one of Cobb's main shops ...Cobb Plano) and talk to their calibrator and get his thoughts/recommendations. Kinda want to get a dyno tune to compare to my stratified tune once it's done.

The hesitation I've experienced almost exclusively happens at ~10psi, then you see it adjust, drop a few psi and go. It doesn't happen every time, accelerates smoothly maybe 25% of the time.

FriggenT1

Banned
I think it's on the minimum setting. At least that's what I told the guy at the turbo shop I had install it do. I also spoke to forge on the phone right before they set up the wga and I believe he set it to the minimum. Not the easiest thing to verify lol.

I'm gonna swing by Growler Motor Labs (used to be one of Cobb's main shops ...Cobb Plano) and talk to their calibrator and get his thoughts/recommendations. Kinda want to get a dyno tune to compare to my stratified tune once it's done.

The hesitation I've experienced almost exclusively happens at ~10psi, then you see it adjust, drop a few psi and go. It doesn't happen every time, accelerates smoothly maybe 25% of the time.

If you can log, you can unplug the n75 and whatever boost peaks at is your WGA pressure