GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R LED tail lights

...:::GTI:::...

I would like to purchase the LED Tail lights for my GTI but i am not sure if there is anything else to purchase in order to make them work?
eg: coding or any cables etc..

A3Vorsprung

Depends what you want. Do you want LED tails with or without rear fog?

You'll definitly need to recode your vehicle and adapters.

xx_adi0_xx

Ready to race!
You'll need to get an adaptor as well

Uberryan

Banned
Need adapters, and vag work along with the tails. Assuming your light switch as a rear fog option, and is wired for it.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
You just missed the BKS Group buy - $649 for R tails (cherry or tinted - fog or no fog) plus adapters & shipping included in that price - 30 of us just paid today!

If you get no fog they will hook right up & all you do is vagcom the bulb out error on the dash - if you want the fog you will need vag-com & some rewiring to get them to work properly.

I went with tinted & no fog ... I think the fog option is more trouble than it's worth.

You just missed the BKS Group buy - $649 for R tails (cherry or tinted - fog or no fog) plus adapters & shipping included in that price - 30 of us just paid today!

If you get no fog they will hook right up & all you do is vagcom the bulb out error on the dash - if you want the fog you will need vag-com & some rewiring to get them to work properly.

I went with tinted & no fog ... I think the fog option is more trouble than it's worth.
but my already has the fog light, would that make any difference? or do the same problems apply?

Uberryan

Banned
well since you're in sydney, i'm wondering if you can run these LED tails without adapters. You probably do, but you can always purchase the tails now, and get the adapters later if you need them. The tails will still work fine, you'll just get bulb out warnings.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You would still need adaptors to switch from incandescent tails to LEDs, regardless of where you live as you need to convert the socket on the wire harness.

If you have an existing rear fog, your car is wired so you should have no problems.

BTW, I'm currently in Sydney and loving it! Nice seeing GTD's, GTI's and Golf R's on the roads.

You would still need adaptors to switch from incandescent tails to LEDs, regardless of where you live as you need to convert the socket on the wire harness.

If you have an existing rear fog, your car is wired so you should have no problems.

BTW, I'm currently in Sydney and loving it! Nice seeing GTD's, GTI's and Golf R's on the roads.
yeah i agree! its always a pleasure checking them while your in your own GTI :drool:
where abouts in sydney are you located?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion