GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Female cigarette socket to fuse box

13rutal

I have done all the wiring of my dash cam to the fuse box. However, there doesn't seem to be steps for wiring the female cig. socket to the fuse box in order to plug in the dash cam adapter. Anyone?

VgRt6

Ready to race!
The easiest way is to use an Add-a-Circuit or Add-a-Fuse. Power wire for the socket goes to the fused lead on the Add-a-____. The ground wire for the socket goes to the car's ground (a dash screw somewhere near the fuse box will work).

13rutal

The easiest way is to use an Add-a-Circuit or Add-a-Fuse. Power wire for the socket goes to the fused lead on the Add-a-____. The ground wire for the socket goes to the car's ground (a dash screw somewhere near the fuse box will work).

I wish I had a clearer diy guide hard wiring a dash cam. I have wired it up to the side fuse box and I don't know how to go from there.

Shwizzle

Ready to race!
There's only two wires bro one is ground like stated needs to go to clean piece of metal and other is power to a fused circuit. The add a fuse works great! Get one plug in appropriate amp fuse and splice power wire to butt connector. Done