GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

why so many age questions today? is like some kind of DDOS attack?

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I've been driving mine since 2000. Before that it was a procession of old Brit cars. I do believe at my age I'm in the minority as far as Miata owners go, but I'm not the only one.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
You've all been trolololalalalal'ed ! I think The Purpetrator needs to find a hill and ski it.

Can confirm:

Trolling has mysteriously and temporarily stopped;)

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
LOL - OK. Several years ago when I used to post on a BMW forum this 16 year old kid was complaining that his parents "only" got him an Infinity G35 coup when what he really wanted was an M3. He went on and on about the unfairness of it all etc - and was roundly trashed by all on the forum as being a spoiled rich kid who didn't know anything and who should be grateful for getting a damn fine car that most 16 year olds (most adults even) would die for...It was good to see as BMW'ers aren't always so enlightened in that way....

The first car I got to drive (in 1978) was a used 1972 Toyota Corona of my dads until I saved up enough of my own $$ to buy a 1981 Toyota Starlet (which was an awesome little car). I had some incredible times with that car...

Kinda reminds me of one 19 year old kid driving a f30 335i when i looked at f30 bmw forums when i got bored. He blew his transmission and has to wait for the new trans to ship in 6 months. He said he floored it and said "thats not teenage abuse, thats what you do when you're next to a G35 at a light" and he claims himself as a real estate manager :laugh: he also did jb4 stage 2, exhaust etc. he got flamed badly, i had 2 beers reading the whole thing :laugh:

Winoman

Ready to race!
I've been driving mine since 2000. Before that it was a procession of old Brit cars. I do believe at my age I'm in the minority as far as Miata owners go, but I'm not the only one.

That Miata looks great. I've got a friend who has a blue first generation Miata he still drives (its his only car) that has very low miles. He's pretty much been overseas continually since 1989 and kept the car back here in the states. It still doesn't look as nice as yours (assuming its a current pic)

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
My miata is so much better with the fucking cvt. My right arm was getting so tired

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Thanks for the kind words. Yes it still looks that good, the picture was taken last sept. I love the mariner blue like your friend has.

Winoman

Ready to race!
My miata is so much better with the fucking cvt. My right arm was getting so tired

Eeek! Don't get me started on CVT...and I also can't sympathize at all with the arm being tired excuse ( I drove many miles [30K give or take per year...and often in much traffic & stop & go] for years with 2 herniated discs in my lower back - with sciatic pain and an unrepaired torn meniscus in my (right) knee - and even through the pain - sometimes excruciating - I drove stick and wouldn't have it any other way (and still not 100%/often have pain)....but hey that's me - and I'm not a hater - to each their own. As long as you enjoy it - that's what matters - doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. (and I'm used to being a minority on most all of my views on things anyway...so who is to say I'm right about anything...)

I do love Miatas...regardless...

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
25 almost 26, 2nd MK6, DSG both of them<3 balls

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Eeek! Don't get me started on CVT...and I also can't sympathize at all with the arm being tired excuse ( I drove many miles [30K give or take per year...and often in much traffic & stop & go] for years with 2 herniated discs in my lower back - with sciatic pain and an unrepaired torn meniscus in my (right) knee - and even through the pain - sometimes excruciating - I drove stick and wouldn't have it any other way (and still not 100%/often have pain)....but hey that's me - and I'm not a hater - to each their own. As long as you enjoy it - that's what matters - doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. (and I'm used to being a minority on most all of my views on things anyway...so who is to say I'm right about anything...)

I do love Miatas...regardless...

good material

Ol' Man

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think i've ever seen someone under 40 driving a Miata. Seriously.
A very good friend of mine bought a Miata at the ripe old age of 84. He modded and drove it for a couple of years before his arthritic knees made in nearly impossibe for him to enter and exit the car. I wanted to buy it from him but with my GTI, Integra GS, & 2 motorcycles, I don't have room for another toy. Oh yeah, I'm 70.

Winoman

Ready to race!
A very good friend of mine bought a Miata at the ripe old age of 84. He modded and drove it for a couple of years before his arthritic knees made in nearly impossibe for him to enter and exit the car. I wanted to buy it from him but with my GTI, Integra GS, & 2 motorcycles, I don't have room for another toy. Oh yeah, I'm 70.

LOL! Zoom Zoom!