GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question for daily driver K04 GTI owners

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I don't know why people talk about a K04 as such a huge upgrade as well. It comes stock in the Golf R and GTi 35th Ed. It not like you're debating a GT3076 or a GTX. It's almost like saying hmmm should I get the V8 Mustang instead of the V6.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I don't know why people talk about a K04 as such a huge upgrade as well.

Sure, but I found a video on YouTube of an APR K04 equipped car running with a Camaro ZL1.

That's legitimately fast. The amount of work required to get there may not be "huge" but the effect sure is.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Sure, but I found a video on YouTube of an APR K04 equipped car running with a Camaro ZL1.

That's legitimately fast. The amount of work required to get there may not be "huge" but the effect sure is.

Correct but it's not much out of the realm of "stock." It's a tuned stock sized turbo.....

str77

Ready to race!
I don't know why people talk about a K04 as such a huge upgrade as well. It comes stock in the Golf R and GTi 35th Ed. It not like you're debating a GT3076 or a GTX. It's almost like saying hmmm should I get the V8 Mustang instead of the V6.
It depends for who...I personally find that its huge coming from 200hp to min 340...knowing that there is no need for internal build. The difference is night and day. Its not like going from stock to stage 1 lol

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
True but OP is asking about being a daily driver on K04. My point being it's not much more than a tuned stock sized turbo. Think of it as a Stage II R.....

I've hit over 400 tq when tuning the F23. These cars can handle K04 power fine.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
edit - I can already tell this is a stupid question as you can only get the most out of your car by tracking it. Just trying to see if K04 power is actually practical for daily driving.

Yes K04 is practical for dd. If you want the go-kart thing then keep it in boost, you won't be bored.

I don't envy the city dudes, except when it comes to having a good VW shop nearby. If I had miles and miles of urban commute I'd probably go postal, and get carbon buildup, and have a bad knee.

clownish

just clowning around
K04 feels like how I would have wanted the car to come from the factory. I've never once regretted K04 or any of the other performance mods I've done. I drive about 60 mi a day with about 50k mo in two years. Love my car.

Cosmetics stuff... Can take it or leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Anybody regularly do track days in a K04 car? Can the stock calipers with upgraded pads handle the extra power?