GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Made an intake

Acoolusername

Passed Driver's Ed
I have only had the car for about a week now and I already had to make a DIY hot air intake lol, I love the sound. I do plan on making a heat shield for it though.

Acoolusername

Passed Driver's Ed
And now about a day later I decided to go back and put the stock air box in until I can afford a proper p flo intake

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

Acoolusername

Passed Driver's Ed

Idk. I just feel like I need to get a good quality cold air intake. Get the sounds plus the benefits. Although this did cost me only around 80 bucks so it's a decent little deal. I just figure i should leave it to the professionals. All those clamps- I feel like one of them is bound to loosen at some point compared to a full complete pipe.

Acoolusername

Passed Driver's Ed
You know what I did notice. It may sound weird but it sounded like my exhaust tone was more prominent when I had that intake on compared to stock. I'll be excited to get my next for both sounds.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
You know what I did notice. It may sound weird but it sounded like my exhaust tone was more prominent when I had that intake on compared to stock. I'll be excited to get my next for both sounds.

Yeah the intake definitely alters the exhaust tone slightly, from the way it looks it looks great. Would just make a heat shield so you're not sucking in all the hot air from the bay. And change the clamps to some of higher quality. Other than that it looks useable but you can't go wrong getting an actual intake.

Acoolusername

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! Also that long screw poking out I could cut off but I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or not. That clamp is actually attached to a bracket that was cut so I could attach it to the vehicles frame so it wasn't just laying there.

runnin9z1

Passed Driver's Ed
And now about a day later I decided to go back and put the stock air box in until I can afford a proper p flo intake

Why would you trade what you have for a pro-flow? The proflow is a 90 degree bend on the end of the stock tube with a filter... Exactly what you have now.

If you were going to get a cts/ unitronic/ apr intake or something that makes sense.

What you have now works perfectly any probably wont see any further gains.

Acoolusername

Passed Driver's Ed
Why would you trade what you have for a pro-flow? The proflow is a 90 degree bend on the end of the stock tube with a filter... Exactly what you have now.

If you were going to get a cts/ unitronic/ apr intake or something that makes sense.

What you have now works perfectly any probably wont see any further gains.

Yea I have since been up in air about what I want. I still just have the stock on right now. Idk the one I made just looked cheap and ghetto. I'd still have to come up with a heat shield for it to fit otherwise it's like going backwards because from what I've seen the stock is better than a hot air filter.. I just can't see myself paying that much for the apr.