GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver side door lock and unlock switch not working

Just recently my door lock/unlock switch just stopped working, I havent done anything to the car since it worked, maybe its some kind of a wiring issue? There are some cases where it works if i open the driver side door and then close it, but also sometimes that doesnt work as well. Passenger side swtich works.
2010 Gti dsg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

evo v

I had this problem on the GTI that I rebuilded. I opened the switch and found that the circuit board was corroded. Some of the lines were gone. The door cardboard is designed in a way that the water can get to the switch. I used jump wires and it is working fine for a year now. If you are not into soldering you can find new switch online. It's easy to replace it.

I had this problem on the GTI that I rebuilded. I opened the switch and found that the circuit board was corroded. Some of the lines were gone. The door cardboard is designed in a way that the water can get to the switch. I used jump wires and it is working fine for a year now. If you are not into soldering you can find new switch online. It's easy to replace it.
Cool thanks for the reply! Im gonna take a look inside and see what i find

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Just recently my door lock/unlock switch just stopped working, I havent done anything to the car since it worked, maybe its some kind of a wiring issue? There are some cases where it works if i open the driver side door and then close it, but also sometimes that doesnt work as well. Passenger side swtich works.
2010 Gti dsg

I've had this problem problem off and on, usually in the spring and fall. I haven't opened the switch but it seems to be a contact problem. I find that if I use my finger nail to pry on the top edge of the switch it starts to work again and stays working for awhile so i haven't had a real cause to getting a permanent fix. The worst case I solved by using the trim tool for the radio to pry on the top edge of the switch, which got it working again.

Good luck

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I've owned three Volkswagens, and each of them, at one time or another, has had a door lock issue.