GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with suspension setup needed

The Yetti

Ready to race!
So I got 13K on my car so my shocks are pretty new, just upgraded to DG springs on mine, will do shocks once they can't dampen anymore. With that said, paired with the H&R 26/22 and the UB/RB. IT IS AMAZING.

Car is stupid flat around corners that I wouldn't have taken stock. Got a pretty good drop too, like much lower than most pictures I've seen from folks who have the DG set up. When they first went on last week, I wasn't too keen how high they were, but now they are absolutely perfect IMO.

coachfoxta

Passed Driver's Ed
So I got 13K on my car so my shocks are pretty new, just upgraded to DG springs on mine, will do shocks once they can't dampen anymore. With that said, paired with the H&R 26/22 and the UB/RB. IT IS AMAZING.

Car is stupid flat around corners that I wouldn't have taken stock. Got a pretty good drop too, like much lower than most pictures I've seen from folks who have the DG set up. When they first went on last week, I wasn't too keen how high they were, but now they are absolutely perfect IMO.

I originally planned on staying with the DG springs on stock shocks. However, after doing some research on here, I wanted to upgrade the strut mounts also and all the hardware while the springs were being installed. After further research, I decided to go with some new dampers, as well. Picked up a forum member's B8s earlier today. I can't wait to get them on!

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Yes. For simple plug and play and well match with the Pro-Kit spring.

Yellow is good, but too much hassle if its just to dial it to match with the spring. In the end the setup for majority of the time is the same as one would get if using the STRT.

What's your thoughts on STR.T and H&R sport springs?

The Yetti

Ready to race!
I originally planned on staying with the DG springs on stock shocks. However, after doing some research on here, I wanted to upgrade the strut mounts also and all the hardware while the springs were being installed. After further research, I decided to go with some new dampers, as well. Picked up a forum member's B8s earlier today. I can't wait to get them on!

I was going down that route. I was like must upgrade everything!!! Then I just took a step back. Asked some suspension guys and just bought the necessary bolded bolts from the DG thread and called it a day. Of course YMMV. After installing mine, the drop seems more than most and different mileages effect stock part longivity.

Danz5k1

Ready to race!
What's your thoughts on STR.T and H&R sport springs?

I have never tried the STRT with the H&R Sport Spring, but I do know Koni supplies H&R spring for its strut/spring kit.

What I have been told is the H&R Sport is the comfier spring versus the Eibach Pro-Kit.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I have never tried the STRT with the H&R Sport Spring, but I do know Koni supplies H&R spring for its strut/spring kit.

What I have been told is the H&R Sport is the comfier spring versus the Eibach Pro-Kit.

:thumbsup: pro kit looks like it has a lot of rake also.. Sport drops looks more even to me..

Danz5k1

Ready to race!
Actually, H&R cup kit probably use Koni shocks too.

I've heard good stuff about that kit.

OlHeadz

Ready to race!
I'm running H&R SuperSport springs with Koni Yellows. I really like the drop and the ride is, in my opinion, better than stock. I also upgraded the rear roll bar to the H&R 24mm unit.

My next step is to stiffen up the body by adding a rear brace like the EuroSport model.