GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charger RT called me out

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Long story short my coworker and I have been talking playful shit. He drives a 2015 charger RT and I'm only stage 1. He finally hit me up and called me out while I was out running errands. Met up with him and did three rolls all of them I held at 4K in 2nd gear and pulled away from him enough to see his headlights in my passenger rear view every time. He probably was right at my bumper. Held that position till about 70-80ish when he started reeling me in and passing. I was solo and he had his gf with him. I thought he was gonna rip on me hard but my car surprised me even if I only held to 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Yea I plan to go stage 2 before summer hits. I've honestly moved away from drag racing and started canyon/mountain racing more but still enjoy some street pulls.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
But I am curious to see how much I'll pull on him once I get a downpipe in.

Chris659

Ready to race!
I was driving my boss' A5 2.0t thats APR stage II and had a new Challenger try me. We were already doing 65-70 when we both hit it and stayed in it to about 110-115. I don't know what version of Challenger it was but know it wasn't the 392 or bigger. I'm guessing the smallest v8 or a v6.

I was slightly pulling on him especially once we started getting higher in speed, it it wasn't by much.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Yea these runs were when I was on shitty China tires too so I had wheel spin taking off in 2nd gear. Now that I have some decent rubber on I'm grabbing in second a lot better.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I was driving my boss' A5 2.0t thats APR stage II and had a new Challenger try me. We were already doing 65-70 when we both hit it and stayed in it to about 110-115. I don't know what version of Challenger it was but know it wasn't the 392 or bigger. I'm guessing the smallest v8 or a v6.

I was slightly pulling on him especially once we started getting higher in speed, it it wasn't by much.

Probably a couple factors there - one being that you (I'm guessing) are in florida, so it's possible you were heatsoaked; but also, the Challenger's are a bit lighter than the Charger (RT vs RT), and the Challenger also has a touch more hp and a touch more torque than the Charger. It's not a lot, but add it all up and it's a pretty decent car. The new Charger's and Challengers are definitely a different animal than their 1st gen counterparts. Even the V6 Challenger sits on a 6.2 to 60 and a 14.8 1/4 mile, which isn't half bad for as heavy as it is.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Put 1700 miles on a new Charger RT in california last year, I keep saying to my GF that my stage 1 GTI even from a dig (with the summer set on) would take the charger to 75-80 but the charger felt much stronger from 70-130 on the multiple highway pulls I made with it. Glad to see some backing up of that thought. Stage 2 which I've been meaning to flash to for a year now should handily keep the GTI in contention up to 110 maybe further

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Yea up top he started gaining on me. The first roll we did he said he gave me the hit which is why I pulled him. So I said ok let's roll again. 2 more rolls in 2nd gear holding at 4K on the third honk gave the same results each time. I would pull away almost instantly and hold him right at my rear bumper until we got into the higher speeds.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Update. My buddy is calling me out now that he has a diablo tuner, cracked pcm and long tubes with catless mids. Im planning to line up with apr stage 2 high output file running 104 oct in the tank. Will this be enough or will I get killed?

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Update. My buddy is calling me out now that he has a diablo tuner, cracked pcm and long tubes with catless mids. Im planning to line up with apr stage 2 high output file running 104 oct in the tank. Will this be enough or will I get killed?

Why ask us?? Just go do it and then tell us how it works out. I'm guessing you'll do alright if you run 104 on stage 2 and can put the power down....