GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K & N Typhoon Series 69

amac

Hey guys, I just bought a used K & N Typhoon intake system used. It was used for about 4 months. Everything looks great, but does anyone know if the filter used is oiled or dry? To the touch it feels bone dry, but I'm not sure if its supposed to be oiled or not and I could not find that information anywhere.

Anyone know?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I just bought a used K & N Typhoon intake system used. It was used for about 4 months. Everything looks great, but does anyone know if the filter used is oiled or dry? To the touch it feels bone dry, but I'm not sure if its supposed to be oiled or not and I could not find that information anywhere.

Anyone know?

K&N are usually 'oiled', but it will be dry to the touch in all cases.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Should be fine. It shouldn't feel oily to the touch. If it did it would have excess oil the would probably damage the MAF

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

fatbastard1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been thinking about doing this mod. myself. Would like a picture of your install and if you notice any real difference in performance.

amac

Hey, totally forgot about this. The intake looks and fits fantastic, and I really did not notice any performance difference on my stock tune, but it sounds amazing.