GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW AIR INTAKE

Jared32

Ready to race!
I had one similar that I liked and there's been several people that had them on here... I think most people liked it but it's pretty quiet I think..

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
I had one similar that I liked and there's been several people that had them on here... I think most people liked it but it's pretty quiet I think..

I think it would be a good option to prevent heat soak but I really want to know if it's a good option for me ,I have stage 1 Unitronic

Jared32

Ready to race!
I think it would be a good option to prevent heat soak but I really want to know if it's a good option for me ,I have stage 1 Unitronic

Well mine worked excellent for eurodyne stage 2 the only reason I switched is because I wanted more sound.. otherwise it was probably more resistant to engine bay heat than most besides others like APR

FriggenT1

Banned
As I understand it, the vwr intake gave many people issues (idk why) and it doesn't seem like it's large enough to pull in high g/s for above stage 2 levels, but maybe I'm wrong there?

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
As I understand it, the vwr intake gave many people issues (idk why) and it doesn't seem like it's large enough to pull in high g/s for above stage 2 levels, but maybe I'm wrong there?

Do you know if the filter or the housing was the supposed issue?

The filter in mine was falling apart after 40k miles. I found a Vibrant unit that worked well to replace it. Seems to flow ok.

FriggenT1

Banned
Do you know if the filter or the housing was the supposed issue?

The filter in mine was falling apart after 40k miles. I found a Vibrant unit that worked well to replace it. Seems to flow ok.

I really have absolutely no idea, I just was looking at various intakes a long time ago and there were some issues with them...idk if it was tune related or just what

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Why aren't many people running it?

It's one of the more expensive intakes (@ $400) for just the front section....a little pricey for what it is

I do like it though and have always wanted to run it, but it's hard to get/find a deal on one

FriggenT1

Banned
Why aren't many people running it?

It's one of the more expensive intakes (@ $400) for just the front section....a little pricey for what it is

I do like it though and have always wanted to run it, but it's hard to get/find a deal on one

Tbh, looking at various logs, it doesn't pull as many g/s. Oddly enough the higher numbers I've seen were from the simple evoms intake at around 270+ g/s where the vwr/itg intakes are in the 250s. Part of this will be due to tune too though