GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 coilovers.. help!?!?

Hey guys so I have a 13 mk6 gti and I want to lower it a little morning crazy, I’ve lookef through lowering springs but I hear coilovers are the way to go and more convenient. Soooo what I’m really trying to get is, what are good coilovers for the gti?
I’m not into performance or anything just basic looks and I want it to just sit pretty for not too much.
Anything helps I appreciate it!

Uberryan

Banned
Go with Konis or STs. Depends on budget, and what function you want from them. Plenty of info on the subject if you just search around... perhaps in the suspension sub-forum.

CHerna

Ready to race!
I have BC Racing BR Series on my car. They're great for the price. They come with mounts and camber adjustment up front, dampening adjustments on all 4 corners, and they come with sway bar links for the front.

CHerna

Ready to race!
How comfy are they? I believe spring rates are pretty stiff?

They are very similar to the stock feel in my opinion. With the exception of driving over big bumps at higher speeds. That's when you get a pleasant reminder you are in-fact on coilovers.

I have my dampening set right in the middle between "soft" and "firm". Very comfortable drive considering the spring rates.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
They are very similar to the stock feel in my opinion. With the exception of driving over big bumps at higher speeds. That's when you get a pleasant reminder you are in-fact on coilovers.

I have my dampening set right in the middle between "soft" and "firm". Very comfortable drive considering the spring rates.

Sounds pretty nice. How about city driving at lower speeds (20-30mph) over potholes? I don't want something that sounds like my suspension is tearing itself apart when I hit a pothole that I couldn't avoid.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I had Bilstein PSS10's and they were rock-solid for the 70,000 miles I've had on my TDI before I sold them. Max drop is 1.75" so it was perfect.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Sounds pretty nice. How about city driving at lower speeds (20-30mph) over potholes? I don't want something that sounds like my suspension is tearing itself apart when I hit a pothole that I couldn't avoid.

I think it's fine at those speeds. There has never been a time yet when I regret the coil-overs. I think they're pretty well composed at taking on pot holes at those speeds.