GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 GTI Driver's Edition CPO - 6k miles

220volt

Ready to race!
So my dealer is giving me a deal for GTI Driver's Edition CPO with 6k miles on it automatic for $24,700. To me that doesn't sounds like a bad deal. He won't budge any lower.
However, when I;ve checked cars.com and other site, brand new DE's these days can be had for as little as $26,500. That means $1,800 for 6k miles. Now that doesn't seems like a good deal to me but wanted to check with you guys.
Do you think $24,700 is a good deal or should I maybe wait until end of the year or maybe few more months hoping prices go down even more.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
So my dealer is giving me a deal for GTI Driver's Edition CPO with 6k miles on it automatic for $24,700. To me that doesn't sounds like a bad deal. He won't budge any lower.
However, when I;ve checked cars.com and other site, brand new DE's these days can be had for as little as $26,500. That means $1,800 for 6k miles. Now that doesn't seems like a good deal to me but wanted to check with you guys.
Do you think $24,700 is a good deal or should I maybe wait until end of the year or maybe few more months hoping prices go down even more.

yeah i would say try to go a little lower. i picked up my wolfsburg for 27k.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I would buy new. Unless you see 3k Also make sure they are actually selling for that little in your area.

220volt

Ready to race!
I just told him that I will wait. 6k is little too much for what I am looking for right now. Brand new might be way to go. I know 6k is not a lot but I have no idea what kind of 6k mileage are those.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I just told him that I will wait. 6k is little too much for what I am looking for right now. Brand new might be way to go. I know 6k is not a lot but I have no idea what kind of 6k mileage are those.

for the price yes that sucks. but if he could go lower, i would consider it.

220volt

Ready to race!
for the price yes that sucks. but if he could go lower, i would consider it.

How much lower do you think would be appropriate? Maybe $24,700 flat including taxes and fees?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
How much lower do you think would be appropriate? Maybe $24,700 flat including taxes and fees?

that would be killer. i don't think they would go for it, but if you already told him you are going to wait, it wont hurt to try :)

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
You could always ask for free extended maintenance to offset the newness factor. The 40k service on the DSG is pricey!

220volt

Ready to race!
You could always ask for free extended maintenance to offset the newness factor. The 40k service on the DSG is pricey!

Not a bad idea. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks

jtbazz

Passed Driver's Ed
That's not a bad deal. The Drivers edition msrp is 31860. New you can get the auto for for about 27000 if you can even find. 2013 leftover. 6000 miles is nothing. Plus because it's certified I believe warranty is longer.

Zaxer

CPO's carry an additional 2 year/24,000 bumper to bumper warranty (whichever comes first) on TOP of the balance of factory warranty. I bought a CPO 2013 base GTI w/DSG for $22,900 (plus taxes) with 7,500 miles. It still smells new.

I decided to extend the warranty even more on the critical mechanical bits (not bumper to bumper, but pretty comprehensive) for 2 years/24,000 miles for an additional $1200 - takes the car out to 7 years/84,000 miles.

As I put heavy miles on the car (my 2010 Jetta Wolfy had 73,000 miles on it when I traded it in) CPO was a great way to go for me.

There are some good deals out there - and if you can live with any color/tranny combo, go to your VW dealer between Christmas & New Years and negotiate like hell on any remaining '13 GTI's on the lot.

Merry Christmas to you.

220volt

Ready to race!
CPO's carry an additional 2 year/24,000 bumper to bumper warranty (whichever comes first) on TOP of the balance of factory warranty. I bought a CPO 2013 base GTI w/DSG for $22,900 (plus taxes) with 7,500 miles. It still smells new.

I decided to extend the warranty even more on the critical mechanical bits (not bumper to bumper, but pretty comprehensive) for 2 years/24,000 miles for an additional $1200 - takes the car out to 7 years/84,000 miles.

As I put heavy miles on the car (my 2010 Jetta Wolfy had 73,000 miles on it when I traded it in) CPO was a great way to go for me.

There are some good deals out there - and if you can live with any color/tranny combo, go to your VW dealer between Christmas & New Years and negotiate like hell on any remaining '13 GTI's on the lot.

Merry Christmas to you.

How does that work? I thought GTI's come with factory warranty of only 2y/24,000 miles. How did you get 7/84,000 number?

Thanks

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
How does that work? I thought GTI's come with factory warranty of only 2y/24,000 miles. How did you get 7/84,000 number?

Thanks

They come with a 3/36 bumper-to-bumper.

So, CPO + balance of factory would put you at 5 year/54,000 mi bumper-to-bumper warranty.

The 7/84 comes from 2/24+5/60 powertrain.

220volt

Ready to race!
They come with a 3/36 bumper-to-bumper.

So, CPO + balance of factory would put you at 5 year/54,000 mi bumper-to-bumper warranty.

The 7/84 comes from 2/24+5/60 powertrain.

So essentially buying a CPO is better than buying a new then? Since CPO comes with 5/54,000 and brand new comes with 3/36,000

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
So essentially buying a CPO is better than buying a new then? Since CPO comes with 5/54,000 and brand new comes with 3/36,000

If you happen to get a clean newer low-mileage one, yes.

The 5/54 is for the particular car you're looking at. 2/24 + 3/36 - 6k miles.