GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs Stage 2+

edlevy

Mr. GTI screwed up my posts. Getting back to what I asked, is there a stage 2 flash that reduces the time the turbo has to spool up, especially in first gear?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I thought on these cars 2+ was the addition of the aftermarket intercooler.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Mr. GTI screwed up my posts. Getting back to what I asked, is there a stage 2 flash that reduces the time the turbo has to spool up, especially in first gear?

I'm thinking you are talking about launch control. I believe UM, APR, and Uni have it as an extra option for more $$$. You can always call these tuners with questions as they can be very helpful.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
what is stage 2 vs stage 2 plus lol i thought 1 and 2 were just tunes and that stage 2 plus was k04

I have no clue what stage 2+ is. I've never heard of it before. I don't think it's a real thing... maybe just a bolted stage 2?

I thought for uni the only difference between 2 and 2+ was adding a k04?

Stage 2+ is a hpfp on the R. It uses the FSI engine and not the TSI engine. An intercooler is recommended but not required.

Also... you guys are in the R forum. We all already have a K04 lol

edlevy

I'm got a response from APR that spool up time is consistent no matter which flash is installed and is inherent in Rs. If anyone else differs in opinion and knows of other software that does address this point, please let me know. Thanks!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I'm got a response from APR that spool up time is consistent no matter which flash is installed and is inherent in Rs. If anyone else differs in opinion and knows of other software that does address this point, please let me know. Thanks!

Dude, I'm like 99.99% sure that you are thinking of launch control. Or "Launch Limiter" as APR calls it. Here is what it says on their website:

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans_r.html

Otherwise, I've been in this car for 5 years and have never heard of what you are trying to describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
How the hell can they build boost "cleanly". Isn't this basically anti lag lol.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
How the hell can they build boost "cleanly". Isn't this basically anti lag lol.

That's not exactly what they are saying. Boost builds while holding accelerator, so no turbo lag out of a dig. Correct on that part. The "clean" has to do with the cat. I can't really explain it other than to say that other launch control devices like wot-box can ruin your cat. APR is just saying their launch software won't.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
APR is just saying their launch software won't.

I know. How though? In order to spool the turbo for a launch you need to inject fuel and retard timing so it detonates late enough to not produce power but instead spool the turbo. That means your cat is gonna hate you lol.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I know. How though? In order to spool the turbo for a launch you need to inject fuel and retard timing so it detonates late enough to not produce power but instead spool the turbo. That means your cat is gonna hate you lol.

No idea. I'm sure Arin probably wrote paragraphs on it at some point when they released it back when. If I'm bored maybe I'll find it because now I'm kinda curious.