GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

121.6 MPH Governed

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
The GPS you used may not be completely accurate, but on the other hand....our cars are calibrated for the speedo to read fast by a certain percentage. 80 MPH indicated for me is about 76 actual. To comply with government regulations they set the limiter at 130...but the ECU only knows indicated speed, not actual.

Get an ECU tune and you'll have no more limiter. I haven't topped my GTI out yet...fastest I did stock was about 110, and I haven't tried with my APR tune yet.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
With my tune I got mine up to 149 and I ran out of guts. I had my bike up it 189 but I was younger then.:lol:

Grimshaw

Thanks, I only have 2600 miles on my R and haven't ever had a car tuned but I want to with this one. I'm up in the UP of Michigan and have had stretches of 10 miles atleast without seeing another soul and would love to get over 120. Obviously I need to get higher rated tires than these stock Pirelli's. His much would an ECU tune run?
I plan on making these trips at least 6 times a year.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the apr tune doesnt get rid of the limiter?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh word, I read your post too quick. Thought it did for the GTI, so would imagine it does for the R.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
The APR 2.0T FSI tune does indeed remove the speed limiter...which in of itself is a function of the ECU through drive by wire, it holds throttle once the limit is reached. Other implementations would cut the ignition or fuel.

Stifun

Ready to race!
I feel every bodies pain I myself was only able to hit like 122-125mph but don't know how accurate the stock speedo is.

Hopefully before winter I will be flashed by APR.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
got 151mph on mine once.

had more but...
You come up on other cars damn fast, I was worried they might freak out and merge into me.