GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brobst's road to k04- 13' CSG 6MT

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
It looks really good. But its not in the budget until next year unfortunately.

Sent from phone Tapa
I inderstand, hopefully I won't still have it then, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Just got some Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 225/40/18 installed 37.1k miles. These tires feel good. Got into a little second gear boost and no problem with traction at all. Looking forward to these tires.
Now I am due for an oil change.

Alignment Spec Sheet courtesy of Belle Tire.

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Apr intercooler installed today and oil change done with liquid moly at 37.4k miles.
Thanks for the help install team. We even had one less screw left over so something is extra secure lol.
Pictures of what I remembered to snap.

Also need to look into a catch can. Oil all the way on the other side of my intercooler. Yikes

Oem

Oil in the pipes

New one.

Actually, this is taking it apart.

Sent from phone Tapa

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Nice build! Sub'd.

Thanks man. It's been a fun journey. I think I am done modding for 2016. Next year has the turbo swap on the list.
12/29/16
Narrowing it down to an ATP kit or a port and polished K04. Last month or so has just been adjusting to the new clutch. After break in period, the clutch engagement from stop became much more abrupt. I am getting better though.
Car is running well though. Tires balanced and pulling nicely.

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Wheels re balanced to get rid of some highway speed vibration.
Random VCDS tweaks done today.
ESC defeat, teardrop wipers front and rear, coming home and leaving home lights, drl off when turn signal. Just little fun stuff.

Note: doing esc defeat causes some fault code on abs module.
Also got my dv+ code popping up.

Lastly, decided on the port and polished k04. The extra hp from the gtx was not worth almost 3x the price.

Sent from phone Tapa

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Replaced a bent fuijin. Was pretty mad about it because I'm not sure when it happened.
Just taking away from the mod fund lol.

In other news, awe top came in the week.
Also just hit 40k miles recently, so going to do fuel filter soon. Rotated the tires, 40,300 miles. Maybe a fluidampr in march. So far on track this year for ko4.

Sent from phone Tapa

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
My plan is to learn some performance driving first. I think I am more likely to track than auto cross. But not until I finish here up.

Sent from phone Tapa

Autocross is a fun and cheap way to learn how your car handles, any experience like autocrossing before going to the track helps immensely. Not sure of autox's that are near ann arbor though, there is a group around GR called furrin group that hosts a few autox's. I'd check out Gingerman for a first timer on track, that's where my first track day was at and it's perfect!