GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone ever move up to a MK7?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Was contemplating it after seeing them hooked up. They seriously look good lowered and with a wing extender. Honestly though, with the amount of $$$ dumped in the 6 and like a year left until paying it off, I don't want to start all over again. I also have had so much issues since modding this car, I'm not sure I'd want another VW that I know modding brings the problems. It's like, fix one thing, another thing breaks and it never ends.

With that said, not having a car payment will make me a lot more happy even when I have to dish out to fix ANOTHER broken thing that I probably caused due to modding.

With that aside, I'm not a fan of the 7 interior so much or the stock exterior look. It has never really caught my attention. Hoping the MK8 brings back a solid eye catching look. Hell, the MK7 R has to be the most boring looking performance car you can buy near 40k.

Don't believe me? Just look at this video that plays on the webpage of it tracking. http://www.vw.com/models/golf-r/

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I bet stage 2 R will take you over your current k04 kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope so..... they got more power terrain loss and I raced a modded mk6 R and got him and the time slips they post don’t intimidate me either based on trap speed. I know from 0-60 I’d get murdered but from a roll it’s a different story.

webbry4

Ready to race!
I sure hope so..... they got more power terrain loss and I raced a modded mk6 R and got him and the time slips they post don’t intimidate me either based on trap speed. I know from 0-60 I’d get murdered but from a roll it’s a different story.

Mk6 r compared to the mk7 r the mk7 requires a lot less money and effort to get big numbers and from the sounds of it be a lot more reliable and to me even if a stage 2 mk7 r somehow loses to a k04 gti id still take the r for many things starting with awd. That being said for aesthetic reasons the mk6 is still a personal favorites and couldn't care less about power hence why I still drive my mk6 gti

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Mk6 r compared to the mk7 r the mk7 requires a lot less money and effort to get big numbers and from the sounds of it be a lot more reliable and to me even if a stage 2 mk7 r somehow loses to a k04 gti id still take the r for many things starting with awd. That being said for aesthetic reasons the mk6 is still a personal favorites and couldn't care less about power hence why I still drive my mk6 gti

more money upfront though for the R lol, and as far as reliable i sure hope so, i was hearing about turbos being blown issues. but if i get one it'll be with the 6 year warranty.

but yes the AWD is one of the reasons i'm thinking of switching, its either the R or the RS3 id like the TT RS but thats even more expensive so ill pass on that lol

imagine if they had a golf RS with the I5 from the RS3! that would be the perfect golf! for me at least :)

webbry4

Ready to race!
more money upfront though for the R lol, and as far as reliable i sure hope so, i was hearing about turbos being blown issues. but if i get one it'll be with the 6 year warranty.

but yes the AWD is one of the reasons i'm thinking of switching, its either the R or the RS3 id like the TT RS but thats even more expensive so ill pass on that lol

imagine if they had a golf RS with the I5 from the RS3! that would be the perfect golf! for me at least :)

Most people would agree with you lol.

Last edited:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Personally, not a fan of the lines on the mark 7. When my mark 6 reaches the end of its life, I'll probably bounce into another low mileage, used mark 6 GTI or R...or maybe a used S3 or S4.

zrickety

The Fixer
I think the 6 is better, but I've also been looking at a used S4 or S5.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Know plenty of traitors