GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mitten State Mk 6, stock to stage 1 (currently stock)

chadsmb

The search is over, I found a 2013 GTI with under 40k, 12 spoke wheels and completely stock. Bought 10/7/2017 with 37,200 miles.

This will be my DD and will be eventually upgrading it to a stage 1 tune with maybe a CAI. As far as suspension goes, it will stay mostly stock as I don't want to interrupt the ride quality as my wife and kids will not likely want to be in it if it's too harsh. With that, I would be open to suggestions on suspension that don't sacrifice ride quality but also give it better handling. I've been reading a lot in the last 4-5 days as I have time.

As far as I can tell, except for a few small surface scratches, a couple small nicks in the windshield and two very small spots of rash on the wheels, this was in phenomenal condition for the year it is.

I will be doing some small exterior and interior changes such as smoked side mirrors, maybe some LED lighting and weather tech floor mats. Next week it will go in to get a tint on the back windows and hatch window (Michigan doesn't allow for the front windows or windshield to be tinted unless prescribed by a doctor...)

This thread will serve as a record for me as well when I update things and do maintenance.

So far I've been having a blast driving it and is already getting almost double the MPG I was getting in my 2003 Silverado SS.

Sold this...15mpg and with a second child due in less than two months I needed a 4dr car.

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Congrats & Welcome! Very classic in black.