GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review : KDR Motorworks TSI Grounding Kit

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Suppose you are correct. I can't change how people want to spend their money, so I'll hold my tongue and save my $50 for something else.

Exactly. However, from what I remember, this is just the sale price. $50 is easier to spend than maybe say $100. I'm hoping they dont sell the kit for that much, but who knows.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I used a grounding kit on my old Mazda3. I had too much time on my hands back then and liked to tinker with that car. Outside of the TB ground, no difference was made (or able to be perceived at least).

To me, I don't feel like the GTI is missing anything as it currently is. Any additional money I have to apply towards this car will go towards better brakes and tires - where that money will be noticed.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Cliffnotes: Grounding kits are not entirely useless. They are great on vehicles with possibly damaged or degraded grounds, and may even be a good starting point if you are noticing electrical issues. They are not a solid investment on a brand new vehicle. I have used a grounding kit and a big-3 kit in the past, so stop assumptions. It made some drastic improvements when I installed it. The vehicle was also close to 50 years old. Aftermarket companies would sell you manure if they could convince you it was good for your car.

This sums it up pretty well.

OldDirty

Ready to race!
lol yes yes HKS, one of the biggest aftermarket companies in the automotive game is making grounding kits for audio systems... :lol: You didn't think through your statement did you?

Do you really think big aftermarket companies with years of reputation would put everything on the line to sell a set of 'wires' that doesn't do diddly squat? As greedy as they could be they wouldn't sell paper weight, the wires must do something even if your logic says it doesn't.

I don't even know who HKS is and don't really care because I've never heard of them making anything for the car that I own. All I'm saying is that just because a big company makes something for a different application doesn't mean that all grounding kits universally improve things on all cars. It might provide a reason to take a closer look at the product.......but that's it.