GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Borla CBE being installed for $425 total

sixthvw

Passed Driver's Ed
I am sitting at Further Performance right now having a Borla exhaust installed - they had a two week old system from someone who decided to go with the full APR setup. Out the door price is $425 and they said I could drive around for a week and if I didn't like it they would swap the stock system back and refund all but $50. If you live in Minnesota I highly recommend these guys. Review and clips to come once I get the opportunity.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
sounds like a sweet deal. look forward to hearing how it sounds. do you have a downpipe?

sixthvw

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have driven the car for about 50 miles now and I am thinking over my options (no DP yet). The exhaust is decent and relatively quiet at cruising, but certainly makes itself known inside and outside the car when there is ANY load on the motor. I know that a CBE is not about horsepower, but the car seems to pull more smoothly and in a more linear fashion. I have ridden in a car equipped with a full APR exhaust (DP, full kit, and reflash) and that is my preference because it is quiet unless driven hard. Since I am 48 years old and this is my DD, I may change back to stock, install the APR DP now and get the balance of the APR system in the spring. My concern with that is the cutting required to make the DP work with the stock exhaust.

D Darko

Ready to race!
I have the APR dp with stock catback. Just had them cut the stock catback a bit to leave my options open later. Worked great, sounds good, and still quiet.

bmadd36

Interesting how different one person's perception/definition of "quiet" and "loud" are. I have the APR TBE and have had some (not much, but some) buyer's remorse because of how "loud" I think the exhaust is, even when just cruising around town at 35 mph. And when I actually step on it? It literally roars.

sixthvw

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got a reasonable quote from Further Performance to install the APR DP, connect to stock exhaust, and update my flash to Stage 2. Going in later today to get it done. :)

Uberryan

Banned
Exhaust work is easy to do at home with jack stands and the proper tools. I hate to see people waste money on DP and Catback installs when it's pretty simple and straight forward, and takes only a few hours to put on a whole system.

Last edited:

sixthvw

Passed Driver's Ed
FocalPoint, I agree with you, having spent a bit of time on a variety of small blocks doing various things (cams, intakes, carbs,timing chains, exhaust, water pumps, etc) but when the labor quote for all of this was less than $200 (and the installer stands behind their work), I decided that was the better route for me.

Uberryan

Banned
I suppose $200 is worth more to me, than some. If we're talking a complete turbo kit, with rods and pistons, I'm going to trust a shop to do that for me. Yet, if it's a situation where it's just an exhaust swap, I'm gonna take off early on Friday and do it myself. It's kinda had to fuck up a catback and downpipe install.

hammertime300x

Passed Driver's Ed
Further performance

Sixthvw, you are right..the guys at further performance are the best. Great quality work, and advice you can trust. Am planning a trip there from Chippewa Falls shortly.