GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Button on pillar at side of drivers seat??

JBoy117

Ok, I'm sure its a really dumb question, but I've got a button on the pillar to the side of my drivers seat, about a foot lower than the seat belt hook, whats it for?? It glows red when I press it but doesn't seem to do anything..

Maybe its the ejector seat? :laugh:

Freakinsweet

Passed Driver's Ed
It could be the button that turns off the interior motion sensor for the alarm. Standard if you got the alarm installed as a factory option (as I did).

Last edited:

mark986

Ready to race!
Yea that's what it is for. Saw it in the manual.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Factory alarm? I thought all GTIs had some sort of alarm that triggers if someone tries to open the doors or start the car. :confused:

ImmI

Ready to race!
Factory alarm? I thought all GTIs had some sort of alarm that triggers if someone tries to open the doors or start the car. :confused:

This is more complex, "it reacts to any manipulation on the bonnet, doors or tailgate"

Hmm.. any pics? Will check my car after work..

From a MKV R32
Top button is the interior motion alarm on/off switch.
Bottom button is the tilt alarm which senses when the car is being towed and will sound its alarm.

The MKVI GTI button is taller and thinner, but can't find a picture of it online.

Last edited:

Freakinsweet

Passed Driver's Ed
The button in the MK6 does not include the bottom part for turning the tilt sensor on/off. Maybe it´s on permanently?

ImmI

Ready to race!
The button in the MK6 does not include the bottom part for turning the tilt sensor on/off. Maybe it´s on permanently?

My friends R32 only has the top button meaning the bottom button was also an option. In my GTI booklet it only mentions the interior motion alarm and not the tilt thing so either its permanently on as you said or it isn't available anymore.

Last edited:

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Is probably a non-North American car thing.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

danielj1

Go Kart Champion