GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me choose an intake

huzidada

Banned
Hey guys.

Just got my new(used) 2013 MK6 R in Candy White. Car has 30k KM on the clock now.

Im looking at an intake and really have the following to choose from.

Revo TFSI Intake
Unitronice TFSI Intake
EvoMS
VWR
APR Carbonia
CTS Turbo

Im looking for something that would give me good gains, look and sound good, and fit good.

From what I like, the Unitronic attracts me most but is also the most expensive where Im based( South Africa +-$620)

Also if you have pics of your intake installed please share!!

Also looking at going with the Unitronic ECU and DSG flash over APR and Revo. Anyone have opinions on the Unitronic route?

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
I've had...
EvoMS
then the Volant for a MK5, redone to work with the R
went back to the EvoMS
I'd still have the EvoMS on if I didn't have to use this Carbonio.

The EvoMS has low trims and is pretty loud. I'll have to check my logs, but it was flowing up to 307g/s on Stage 2+ 91oct.

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
I've had the Carbonio when stock and stage 1, had the AWE and Volant on stage 2+. I wasn't happy with the AWE and Volant due primarily to the fuel trims being high, also the fit and quality of both items did not satisfy me.

I then went for the Neuspeed one as it had good reports, I'm not a fan of the "filter on a stick" but it works fine in this case, my fuel trims are now good - and the fit and finish was perfect. And go figure, it was also the cheapest one I bought plus it has CARB cert which is useful if you live in CA...

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Any improvement in throttle response with the Uni?

Tough to say... I put it on after having high trims on another intake that was leaking. It definitely improved response but compared to that one! Compared to an intake that runs properly? I can't say for sure how much better it would be. All I know is that I have run 5 different intakes on my R and Uni is the best I've had.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Dude did you ever have the EVOMS? How is Uni compared to it? I have the evo but the uni looks real nice.

Tough to say... I put it on after having high trims on another intake that was leaking. It definitely improved response but compared to that one! Compared to an intake that runs properly? I can't say for sure how much better it would be. All I know is that I have run 5 different intakes on my R and Uni is the best I've had.