GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camber question!!!

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
Front camber is out pretty bad on completely stock suspension.... Mechanic informs no possible adjustment on them without camber adjustment plates or resetting of the subframe. Neither of those solutions seem right, although they aren't exactly wrong if that makes sense. As far as I know if the camber goes out this bad on the front end, its either the strut mount or control arm bushing, possibly both....... Any insight on this???? Thanks in advance.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Front camber is out pretty bad on completely stock suspension.... Mechanic informs no possible adjustment on them without camber adjustment plates or resetting of the subframe. Neither of those solutions seem right, although they aren't exactly wrong if that makes sense. As far as I know if the camber goes out this bad on the front end, its either the strut mount or control arm bushing, possibly both....... Any insight on this???? Thanks in advance.

All I can say from my experience is when I got my subframe redone with collars and inserts and with new coil overs, the shop that did my alignment was able to get my camber(negative 1.0 I think) in good shape without adjustment plates or adjustable control arms. My alignment was really out of place after the suspension upgrades. Maybe this helps you or maybe it doesn't.

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!

Will you post a picture of the alignment sheet please?

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
Yes. I'll post after work today.