GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Annoying squeeling noise from the engine!

IzanAzman48

Hello, I'm new to the forum btw.

I have a 2012 Vw GTI DSG, a few months back (around January 2017) I changed the belt tensioner because it created a rattling sound from the engine. All was well until the noise appeared again, this time I replaced the belt, as the workshop where I bring it to recommended it to be changed. No more rattling sound since, but now I have this wierd belting sound. The squeeling sound usually occurs after a cold start and when accelerating at parking lot speeds. Brought it to the workshop, again! Now they say their not sure but possibly the bearing for the ac compressor or something. Anybody here have the same problem? :iono:

Laimface

Ready to race!
squealing sounds are common with failing PCV valves, which are on top right of the engine between the coil packs

Roctre

Ready to race!
If its the pcv you can check by pulling the dipstick out a little bit and if the sound goes away its pcv.

IzanAzman48

If its the pcv you can check by pulling the dipstick out a little bit and if the sound goes away its pcv.

Wait... How? You mean drive around without the dipstick? Sound only occurs when driving after a cold start, and after a while it goes away.

Slavin

how did you get the tensioner out? i have the tension off and i found something to fit in the hole to hold it in place, but i cant seem to get it out.