GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: Spyder (ebay) Headlights dual U OLED for mk6

Priv702

These are the newer style mk6 spyder headlights popping up on ebay. These are projector headlights for halogen cars that have an OLED element for the DRL in the dual U like the mk7.

http://imgur.com/a/Yza5c

Super quick review: fitment and look is pretty good. Plug and play with no errors. Install was easy, you can leave the bumper on and just pop out one side at a time to install a headlight.

The LED DRLs are very bright and the projectors throw out a lot of nice light. Using good halogen bulbs and it's an upgrade over stock. On the downside these lights flicker on startup and the brightness of the LEDs can create some unwanted light at night.

This post is for anyone researching who wants to see how these look. Satisfied with the fitment and quality after a few days but who knows about long term.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
They look good, and yes the real test of time becomes how the lenses hold up - so many aftermarket lights seem to seriously suffer over time while others look brand new.

FTR i've had great luck with helix brand headlights for years on various cars while others not so much.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Have these exact lights and agree the leds are killer at night and are a little much for oncoming drivers. Figment was great for me as well, the wiring is terrible but nothing a few zip ties can't cure.

I have 50w hid conversions in mine and they are amazingly bright with a perfect cutoff. No melting from the extra wattage either.

APRTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
I had mine for 2 years absolutely zero issues. My spider lights ended up peeling after two years these have been absolutely solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CandyWhite13

Hey guys just got a GTI and am abs in love. I've been browsing the forum for headlight options and I really like these. I saw that there was a group buy for a more expensive headlights from auto-parts-Europe.com that is kind of similar to these. Has anyone posted a review of those lights? I'm curious to see how those fare in comparison to these Spyder lights.

One question I had is if anyone has washed their car with these on and if they have fogged up?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Been taking mine to an automatic wash and they have not fogged one little bit.

High beams are the same as low beams just with the actuator raising the cutoff flap.