GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #141
eduardot
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '12 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_GTI View Post
Bingo! finally someone else gets this.

I have been contacting VW enthusiasts in the UK for their help in determining which ABS controllers we would need for this. Since there is not a ton of gain for them, the info is coming in slowly. Changing only the coding does not seem to work, so I am thinking it must be in the firmware.

IDC if I have to spend a few hundred on controllers if I find one that works in the end.
They are talking about Hill Hold Control....

We could still use a full auto scan of his car to compare parts related to ESP.
eduardot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #142
Rolling_GTI

Drives: '12 GTI
Oh whoops. Still same info is applicable. I am talking about enabling our TSC button's ability to disable ESC.

A scan will only help us if his car is a 2012 2.0TSI GTI (Build date after week 22 of 2011) and he has this ability, and does not have the OEM adaptive suspension. There are a lot of ABS controllers for our cars.
APR K04 | ESC Disabled | Carbonio | COBB TBE | RR Stage 3 clutch | Scarlet Red VMR 701's 18" | Black Unibrace UB & XB | VF Engine/Tranny mounts | DG Skid Plate | S3 Short Shifter | EBC Red Pads, Slotted Rotors | Filled Hood Notch | LED Tails | 35% Tint | Too many small mods to list

I've driven her 220,000 hard miles and still loving it! 27MPG Lifetime average

Last edited by Rolling_GTI; 09-21-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Rolling_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #143
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Nike 6.0
VCD God's

Ive been trying to disable TPMS on my '10 GTI and it says coding accepted but the light remains on and just flashes..

Disable TPMS
Description: For cars with TPMS sensors in the wheels, you can disable the light for winter wheels or wheels without sensors
Check bit 7 of byte 8 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper

Any advice?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #144
Johnny Two Tone
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 2.5L Sportline
Is there a way to disable the "driver's door open" warning alarm. I see, and have disabled, the code for the seat belt warning, but I also want to disable the door ajar warning.

Oh, also, when I try to turn on the gauge sweep option (staging) Vag-Com just tells me that there is an error. In other words, I click "select" then "instruments" then "adaptation" and then click on the "Channel" pull down bar and click "staging" the "stored value" bar says Error and won't let me input a "new value". What's that all about. That exact thing also happens when I try to turn on the driver's seat heating memory option.
Johnny Two Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #145
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by svickstc View Post
VCD God's

Ive been trying to disable TPMS on my '10 GTI and it says coding accepted but the light remains on and just flashes..

Disable TPMS
Description: For cars with TPMS sensors in the wheels, you can disable the light for winter wheels or wheels without sensors
Check bit 7 of byte 8 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper

Any advice?

Thanks
Figured it out, its through the CAN Gateway Module (19)...to disable TPMS at least for my car?

I still get a malfuntion for this when i run an autoscan (Communication error or something) but at least the light is off
Old 09-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #146
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Two Tone View Post
Is there a way to disable the "driver's door open" warning alarm. I see, and have disabled, the code for the seat belt warning, but I also want to disable the door ajar warning.

Oh, also, when I try to turn on the gauge sweep option (staging) Vag-Com just tells me that there is an error. In other words, I click "select" then "instruments" then "adaptation" and then click on the "Channel" pull down bar and click "staging" the "stored value" bar says Error and won't let me input a "new value". What's that all about. That exact thing also happens when I try to turn on the driver's seat heating memory option.
Check what model cluster you have, it will not work on "G" clusters I believe?

Door ajar sound, i dont think we have that in the US at least I do not, I am sure there is an option to disable it.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #147
Johnny Two Tone
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 2.5L Sportline
Quote:
Check what model cluster you have, it will not work on "G" clusters I believe?
Why did I have to be cursed with the G cluster?! I wanted that feature a lot!

I got the driver's seat heat memory working - it just inexplicably stopped saying ERROR - but the passenger side still won't let me do it (though, I don't actually want memory on that side. I was just more curious as to why it wouldn't work).

Quote:
Door ajar sound, i dont think we have that in the US at least I do not, I am sure there is an option to disable it.
Hmm, I'll have to figure it out.

It's really annoying, when you're trying to install stuff/tweak stuff, with the door open and the key in the ignition, and that damn ding ding ding ding ding won't shut the f**k up. And, unlike the seatbelt warning, the door warning goes forever.
Johnny Two Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #148
djaikon
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Why did I have to be cursed with the G cluster?! I wanted that feature a lot!

I got the driver's seat heat memory working - it just inexplicably stopped saying ERROR - but the passenger side still won't let me do it (though, I don't actually want memory on that side. I was just more curious as to why it wouldn't work).

Hmm, I'll have to figure it out.

It's really annoying, when you're trying to install stuff/tweak stuff, with the door open and the key in the ignition, and that damn ding ding ding ding ding won't shut the f**k up. And, unlike the seatbelt warning, the door warning goes forever.
If you change your settings to ROW, the chime will only ding 3 times I believe
Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #149
quality_sound

Drives: '13 4-door Golf TDI
Quote:
Hmmm, makes me wonder if my issues with coding the gauge sweep will do the same thing. Guess I'll just have to keep trying.
quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #150
freeclimbmtb
Oval Champion

Drives: '12 GTI, '11 Ducati, '79 CJ7
For the DSR tweak, its found in the Steering module, not the ABS module.

Also, I tried a bunch of these last night, as far as the convenience windows go, I can get everything except the opening of the sunroof slider...I can get it to close with the windows...just not open... thoughts?
2012 Deep Black Pearl Metallic GTI 4dr: 6MT, Sunroof & Nav, BiXenons w/ LED DRLs, LED Tails w/ rear fog & Euro switch, red LED footwell lighting, climatic HVAC mod. A couple little VAGCOM tweaks, PM me for VAGCOM near Seacost NH..

(\O\o\=GTI======/o/O/)
freeclimbmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #151
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 15 Audi S3/'15 Audi S4/'15 328dx SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclimbmtb View Post
I can get everything except the opening of the sunroof slider...I can get it to close with the windows...just not open... thoughts?
Opening feature on the sunroof does not work. That's probably why.
2015 Alpine White BMW 328dX Touring M-Sport
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #152
maskari_gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK4 & MK6 GTIs
Awesome thread. Subscribed.
K04 Club Member #63
My Build Thread
maskari_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #153
freeclimbmtb
Oval Champion

Drives: '12 GTI, '11 Ducati, '79 CJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Opening feature on the sunroof does not work. That's probably why.
Well son-of-a-cork-eating-mother.
2012 Deep Black Pearl Metallic GTI 4dr: 6MT, Sunroof & Nav, BiXenons w/ LED DRLs, LED Tails w/ rear fog & Euro switch, red LED footwell lighting, climatic HVAC mod. A couple little VAGCOM tweaks, PM me for VAGCOM near Seacost NH..

(\O\o\=GTI======/o/O/)
freeclimbmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #154
K0Z
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotaryknight View Post
Question. Just switched out brake pads to those that do not have wear indicators. Is there a setting that can turn off both the brake warning and the "brake" light?
I think there was a section for this in the same area as the "Disable Seat belt Warning". Not 100% on that.