GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hugo Chavez is dead

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
I'll be singing in joy once that war criminal Henry Kissinger is dead, such a shame he's not sitting at The Hague at the moment

Death's too good for him.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using tapatalk.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I wonder how many people here realize that the U.S. government has deliberately overthrown democratically-elected governments throughout the world since World War 2 which explains why a lot of people dislike America to begin with? Many of those governments were left-leaning like Allende Salvador of Chile in which it was violently overthrown and a right-wing dictatorship under Augusto Pinochet was formed.

Just remember the quote former President Lyndon B Johnson said to the Ambassador of Greece regarding Cyprus in 1964. Something along the lines of "Fuck your Parliament and constitution, Mr. Ambassador"

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
^ No care, not relevant.

Chavez was a completely different animal who stayed in power by appointing himself president for life, persecuting the opposition, and running the country like a fiefdom.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
^ No care, not relevant.

Chavez was a completely different animal who stayed in power by appointing himself president for life, persecuting the opposition, and running the country like a fiefdom.

Derp...you do realize a lot of US-backed governments did the same thing and continue to do so?

Suharto, Gen. Georgios Pappadoupolos, Alfred Stroesner, Ngo Dinh Diem, Gen. Zia ul-Haq, Fulgencio Batista, the House of Saud, list goes on... those concerns are thrown out the window considering the hypocrisy in US foreign policy since WW2.

To add, I thought Chavez was a POS but the same people gloating over his death are the same ones who would have happily supported a right-leaning dictatorship that would have been no different.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Derp...you do realize a lot of US-backed governments did the same thing and continue to do so?

Suharto, Gen. Georgios Pappadoupolos, Alfred Stroesner, Ngo Dinh Diem, Gen. Zia ul-Haq, Fulgencio Batista, the House of Saud, list goes on... those concerns are thrown out the window considering the hypocrisy in US foreign policy since WW2.

To add, I thought Chavez was a POS but the same people gloating over his death are the same ones who would have happily supported a right-leaning dictatorship that would have been no different.

:cry:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I'm not disputing what you're saying. My point is this is not about that. This is about Chavez and the fact that Venezuela and the rest of the world are better off without him. They'll have elections after 30 days, I doubt they'll really be free in any real sense of the word, but things can't get any worse than they were for the country.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'm not disputing what you're saying. My point is this is not about that. This is about Chavez and the fact that Venezuela and the rest of the world are better off without him. They'll have elections after 30 days, I doubt they'll really be free in any real sense of the word, but things can't get any worse than they were for the country.

And will Venezuela somehow be better if another right-wing Pinochet/Batista wannabe takes over?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Of course not. The opposition that has been oppressed isn't exactly military dictatorship material, mostly scholars, intellectuals etc.

Before the last election, Venezuela's military said that if Chavez did not win, they would refuse to obey the new non-Chavez president. There is about zero chance of a right-leaning government taking control in Venezuela. I'm hoping for a centrist democratic government.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Of course not. The opposition that has been oppressed isn't exactly military dictatorship material, mostly scholars, intellectuals etc.

Before the last election, Venezuela's military said that if Chavez did not win, they would refuse to obey the new non-Chavez president. There is about zero chance of a right-leaning government taking control in Venezuela. I'm hoping for a centrist democratic government.

Wouldn't be enough for our government that's for sure.

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
Chavez stood up to US imperialism. He kept Venezuela's resources for its people instead of turning them over to private investors for a fraction of their value. When we have democracy here then we can feel morally superior. Until then I'll be fueling my gti at Citgo.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using tapatalk.

flomaa6

Ready to race!
Yup the navy seal stormed in his house at night injected him with a lethal injection and in the morning found his body but the Venezuelan government is saying its cancer !! And that isn't his real body they threw the real one in the Gulf of Mexico !!!