GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Exhaust Tips Cleaned" last weekend {Exhaust Teaser Exclusive P2Spec/GolfMk6}

Myles123

Passed Driver's Ed
wow. Nice vid! Can you post a picture of the rear end of the Dirty Candy ;-) I want to see how those 102mm bad boys look. For me, it's gonna be a tight race between Vanguard and Ultimate racing.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Oh it sounds so good is there a price range on this yet? Like about how much this will cost? just to give people something to compare to other name brands.

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
any particular reason you went with a full 2.5 inch instead of 3 inch?

whalesalad

Ready to race!
Hmmm, one resonator and no mufflers at all? How loud is this bad boy?

I like that it's 2.5", which means that it should retain more torque as compared to a 3" system.

false, on a turbo car you don't want any backpressure at all in your exhaust.

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
false, on a turbo car you don't want any backpressure at all in your exhaust.

actually you are 50/50 on this. its false in the k03/04 arena because of the small exducer (hot side) of both of these turbos a exhaust with minimal back pressure will allow them to effectively spin out of efficiency. however, on a BT setup (apr stage 3 and larger turbos) you can get away with a lot less back pressure or none at all because the turbos size and the speed at which the impeller is spinning is not going to be effected by the backpressure

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
actually you are 50/50 on this. its false in the k03/04 arena because of the small exducer (hot side) of both of these turbos a exhaust with minimal back pressure will allow them to effectively spin out of efficiency. however, on a BT setup (apr stage 3 and larger turbos) you can get away with a lot less back pressure or none at all because the turbos size and the speed at which the impeller is spinning is not going to be effected by the backpressure

**brain is imploding**

please standy by

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
**brain is imploding**

please standy by

sorry. i will simplify it. if you have a small turbo, you want curves and bends to make backpressure so you dont lose power, with a big turbo you want exhaust to GTFO as fast as possible to not choke it.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Guys, will definitely bring on more updates soon. Doing some insane last minute SEMA prep. Anyway as an addendum to the 'torque' differences - butt dyno definitely feels like we picked up something. If it matters, the "run" portion was also documented with the vehicle before the exhaust change up. Filmed exactly the same way... If there's interest in viewing the stock exhaust, we could whip that up too. ;). We figured the after video would be more representative among all the other before/stock videos out there.

P

plac

sorry. i will simplify it. if you have a small turbo, you want curves and bends to make backpressure so you dont lose power, with a big turbo you want exhaust to GTFO as fast as possible to not choke it.

makes sense to me given how i feel the car drives better with the oem downpipe.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I hope you got my text, Ben! Let me know if we can carry through with project Das VeeDub. ;)

Well, you really want a bit of back pressure at low RPMs to maximize torque and enough free flow at high RPMs to induce higher horse power levels. It's all relative to the turbo output; it gets to the point that a 3" exhaust on a GT3071R provides enough back pressure as well as its free flow in the high-range.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
I hope you got my text, Ben! Let me know if we can carry through with project Das VeeDub. ;)

Well, you really want a bit of back pressure at low RPMs to maximize torque and enough free flow at high RPMs to induce higher horse power levels. It's all relative to the turbo output; it gets to the point that a 3" exhaust on a GT3071R provides enough back pressure as well as its free flow in the high-range.

Yo, got the text! Okay, resorting to PMs/Email ;).