GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally happened... sagging headliner on my 2011 GTI.

Uberryan

Banned
I've had a few VWs in the past. A 2002 Jetta, a 2007 GTI, and now my 2011 GTI and all three have always had this problem prematurely happen. The GTI and Jetta both occurred after 3+ years of ownership, but I literally just paid off this car in full, and purchased the title for it after barely 3 years of leasing it and this happens. I'm 25 days outside of my bumper to bumper warranty and of course this just has to happen. I've contacted VWOA prior to visiting a dealer, because this is obviously going to be a continuing problem through all the generations. Considering mileage is below 24.5K and I'm not too far outside of the bumper to bumper, I'm hoping they'll cover it. I can't believe that they still use the same cheap ass glue or whatever they're using in production. Such garbage. I could see if the car was 5+ years old, but c'mon!

GTA5

Ready to race!
never had that problem in my mk5 or mk6 both with over 53k and over 3yrs of ownership. But its ok i've had better, 4+ water pumps so is all gucci.

GTA5

Ready to race!
Well im in socal...pretty stupid hot here, BUT not as humid that's for sure. I don't think i've seen one case around here...looks cheap doe.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Not really. I've had it come away from around the sunglasses holder on our 2007 mk5 golf (I messed up the repair) and a friends headliner is nearly all coming down on his 2008 jetta. In So-SoCal - with no humidity, just blazin heat.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Damn that really sucks. Headliner is a pain to replace.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I also think its related to the humidity. That sucks man. Shouldn't be happening on a car that low on mileage. Do you do a lot of driving w/ the windows down?

Uberryan

Banned
On my Jetta, it was from 2002, had it till 2006... I was ok with the fact that the headliner was falling, and the waterpump was seizing. It also had over 100k miles after ownership, which I felt was a lot, and acceptable for these problems to occur. When it happened on my MKV, I figured it was a fluke, and maybe I had been driving with the windows down too much on the highway, but that car had over 40kmiles at the time, so a lot more highway driving. With this car, I've been on a grand total of one extended road trip involving over 100miles both ways on the highway, and the windows were up. Suffice to say, for this to happen is obviously a defect.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Wow, I have never seen this on a modern vehicle, <10 years old.

Hell, never saw it on the '68 or '70 Beetles that were in my family 30 years ago.

OP, I bet, being so close to your B2B warranty, the dealer will step up and do the right thing. This spring my AC lost all it's coolant and I was 4 months out of my B2B and got a free AC charge. It was a $180 value. Granted, your situation is a bigger pain, but I'm hoping your dealer does right by you.

Good luck.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The headliner on my dads crown vic with 335k miles is in better shape :(