2014GTI

Ready to race!
CAR

2014 GTI Wolfsburg 4-door DSG

Carbon Steel Gray

First major MOD
OEM Halogen to bi-xenon with afs​

Let's get started,
I purchased the car new off the lot and without double checking all the options. One being that the the Wolfsburg edition had the bi-xenon headlights just like the Drivers. Although that will be the last time I make that mistake, I still want them so after much research and deliberation I have started on the path.

Price​

If ordered as a option from a prior year the cost would have been around $955. For the install I will be working on I'm currently around $1,465.

I will be updating this build with info of my oem swap from Halogens to full xenon headlights with afs. And will provide feedback on the changes.

Stage one Complete
Part orders = all parts in

Full list of parts to come. :thumbup:

Last edited:

2014GTI

Ready to race!
Part Name Part Number
Wire Harness AliExpress Custom
AFS Module 5M0907357C
Auto Leveling Sensor 1K0941274C
Head Light Housing R 5K0941754B
Head Light Housing L 5K0941753B
Run Lamp Bulb x2 N01775310
Xenon blub x2 Philips
Balest x2 5M0907391
AFS Control Module x2 7L6941329B

Current status is that all the wires are installed excluding the Day time running lights ( need to order some pins)

Also currently looking at the two afs control modules as one looks to be bad.:mad:

Update 08/16/2015
The afs control modules are good a can wire connector was not pushed all the way in a plug go figure hrs lost.

Current issue is that I Need to code the modules and I'm working out what that would be. we will see.

Update 8/19/15
Coding complete no faults. Still waiting on the pins as the dealership only sells repair wire versions, I want it to be clean so will wait and crimp my own pins for the drl. Will setup a YouTube channel with the video clips when I have time as college classes are about to start. And a list of helpfull links.

Update 9/1/2015
All pins in and the drl are wired and working. Keep in mind the drl lights on the non led xenon housings is the low beam xenon light.

Pictures

Last edited:

2014GTI

Ready to race!
Results
2014 GTI with oem xenon none led headlights

Update 10/6/2015
Still working with no issues.

Last edited:

2014GTI

Ready to race!
links to resource I used for the build

Great post about oem to xenon full swap

not the full swap but has good information and pictures of the grounding locations I used.

afs module programming help.

Locations for where I picked up the parts

Aliexpress
full swap wire harness with length for all oem locations of hardware

Amazon
SYLVANIA-High-Intensity-Discharge-Bulb

For both the xenon ballast, and the two afs control modules that plug in the headlight housings I used eBay to find new pulled parts.

Last edited: