GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs GTI

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Since this thread was bumped;

A while ago, I reeled in a Focus ST like he was standing still. I know he was WOT because I could see puffs of smoke coming from the exhaust upon each shift. Maybe he was just a shit driver. But man, my car yanked that ST back in like nothing. My car is 100% stock.

Cool Story Bro.

there was something wrong. theyre faster stock for stock

This ^

Yeah he may have just been catless and partial throttle

Likely ^

CHerna

Ready to race!
Cool Story Bro.

This ^

Likely ^

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Cool Story Bro.

This ^

Likely ^

the ST was probably just doing some errands and listening to an audiobook maybe, completely unaware of having been just ROASTED

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
If anyone is interested k04 on the low output 91 map is faster than focus RS stock...

CSB I know but yea

Noted. Thank you good sir.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
From a dig or a roll?

Im gonna say roll..... Theres one around my town locally I've had a little go with and they aren't as quick as the numbers would let on.

Certainly not from dig. At least not unless the run is drawn out far enough or the GTI is equipped with drags.

very much this ^

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
From a dig or a roll?
Roll

Certainly not from dig. At least not unless the run is drawn out far enough or the GTI is equipped with drags.

I don't think it would require drags to beat if we are talking 1/4 mile distance... certainly not if we were letting off at 130mph

There is no question that the rs is Fantastic from a dig...but I grip in the top of 1st with my setup so while I can't match it's grip I'm no slouch for fwd

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I don't think it would require drags to beat if we are talking 1/4 mile distance... certainly not if we were letting off at 130mph

There is no question that the rs is Fantastic from a dig...but I grip in the top of 1st with my setup so while I can't match it's grip I'm no slouch for fwd

Well yeah.... but if we're not at a strip and I have the advantage of AWD, I'm not letting it go long enough for you to catch up. So that means letting off at 60-70 mph which is probably the safe thing to do anyway.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Well yeah.... but if we're not at a strip and I have the advantage of AWD, I'm not letting it go long enough for you to catch up. So that means letting off at 60-70 mph which is probably the safe thing to do anyway.

Sho-nuf.

Also just so everyone is clear... I REALLY love the RS. That car is epic

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I raced a chick at the track with an ST, not sure if she was stock or tuned but she barely edged my Stage 1 GLI on a couple runs. She was doing consistent 14.3s and I think I did a 14.5 that run but I did manage to run a couple 14.2s that night