GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ride suddenly feels bumpy

TiCoyote

Ready to race!
I'm suddenly noticing the bumps a lot more. It seems like the rear of the car is hitting small bumps harder and knocking me up and down. Overall, the ride seems less smooth. It's not a vibration, just hitting bumps harder.

I drive a 2012 GTI SE, stock. Right now I have winter tires on: 17" General Altimax Artic. They're on their 3rd season.

Also, this problem came on suddenly. I just noticed it yesterday and today.

Uberryan

Banned
I'm suddenly noticing the bumps a lot more. It seems like the rear of the car is hitting small bumps harder and knocking me up and down. Overall, the ride seems less smooth. It's not a vibration, just hitting bumps harder.

I drive a 2012 GTI SE, stock. Right now I have winter tires on: 17" General Altimax Artic. They're on their 3rd season.

Also, this problem came on suddenly. I just noticed it yesterday and today.

Could be control arm bushings, failing suspension components... maybe a loose sway bar link?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
At that mileage your shocks can be worn out. I'd start looking there. But look at all your suspension components for abnormal wear.

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
If it came on suddenly I'd check all suspension components for any loose/broken bolts/nuts along with any signs of shock blow out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk