GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C stopped working!!!!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
plac, that pic is taken from the passenger side. The upper hose with all those numbers is the throttle body coupler.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I also had this problem on my car a few months ago. The service manager said he's seen the problem before as well.

Uberryan

Banned
I'm also checking this out later on. My A/C seems extremely weak as of late.

P

plac

think i got it. so its the 2 lines right next to each other. mine is good, no contact anywhere.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
You got it, plac. I guess the original clamp was installed incorrectly with the "pinch" portion against the other AC line. So far so good.

BOBSGEN6

Passed Driver's Ed
Here you go yea'alls. It's the clamp and lower hose in the red circle. The hose along with the clamp were replaced. NOTE: the pic was taken from the side so the hose is to the left of the throttle rubber coupling if you are standing in front of the car looking into the engine bay

Two thumbs up to KEFFER VW!!!!

And here's the description written (WITH PART NUMBERS) by the service consultant:

Your a/c is only getting down to 46 degrees with an ambient temp of 75? That's still weak, you should be getting down to about 41-42 max cold. I live in Austin and checked mine with vent gauge, it gets down to 41 F with an ambient of 98 F. You're going to be sweating if it gets into the 90's where you live.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Your a/c is only getting down to 46 degrees with an ambient temp of 75? That's still weak, you should be getting down to about 41-42 max cold. I live in Austin and checked mine with vent gauge, it gets down to 41 F with an ambient of 98 F. You're going to be sweating if it gets into the 90's where you live.

Austin, TX - dry heat

Charlotte, NC - HUMIDITY

That's the BIG difference. It works perfectly fine even if it doesn't get down to 41/42 degrees. :thumbup:

austai

Austin, TX - dry heat

Charlotte, NC - HUMIDITY

That's the BIG difference. It works perfectly fine even if it doesn't get down to 41/42 degrees. :thumbup:

Hah. You must have never to Austin, I see. It's pretty humid here. Maybe not as bad as Charlotte, but it's not the desert. Just sayin'.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Hah. You must have never to Austin, I see. It's pretty humid here. Maybe not as bad as Charlotte, but it's not the desert. Just sayin'.

I heard ya'll still ride horses...

JMD

Does anyone have any updates, TSB's, or action taken by VW or others on this issue? I'm being charged $530 to replace this hose because of the "chaffing" as it is written on my invoice. Seems like a chronic issues and was just wondering if it has manifested into a a formal VW position. Thanks!