GOLFMKV

***DIY*** Installing the Forge Blow Off Adapter

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
google it

Legohed

Ready to race!
I thought: "I am installing it anyways, why not grab a camera while at it?" :p

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Thanks very very very much for posting this guide. I'm concerned about installing mine, but this makes it clearer and "possible" now for the likes of moi :D

does anyone have a link to purchase this upgrade?

The cheapest site would be appreciated!
This is where I ordered mine from, saved me about £15:

http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/pr...d=732&osCsid=bd0d622ca0b8ff64da1151d7efb2e649

Free shipping worldwide. Only problem is, it isn't in stock and I'm still waiting.....:iono:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I ordered mine through dbcperformance

nickrp83

Passed Driver's Ed
OK im a newbie so this may be a dumb question, but will this help performance of a DSG?? My understanding of BOV's is that it stops the turbo from being stopped by back pressure when the throttle slams shut when shifting gears on a manual. (i may be wrong, and correct me if i am). But i saw some videos on youtube with guys putting these in DSG's. (at least thats what it looked like). Will this help performance on a DSG or just make the cool sshhpppppiiiisssshhhh sound?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I think there is a difference between a DV and a BOV.....and I dont even think this is either of those. This is a BOV Adapter?. And I dont know what performance is gained through any of these actually. I read somewhere that BOV's aren't good for VW's....Someone help us out here.:iono:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
This product is just used to create the blow-off valve sound.

It does not provide any performance gains, nor is it detrimental to the performance of the car in any way.

edgary

Ready to race!
I think there is a difference between a DV and a BOV.....and I dont even think this is either of those. This is a BOV Adapter?. And I dont know what performance is gained through any of these actually. I read somewhere that BOV's aren't good for VW's....Someone help us out here.:iono:

Here is a simple explanation I just found that even I could understand:

"The diverter valve (DV) is a pathway for boost when it is not being used by your engine. Whenever the throttle body is closed, like during shifts or deceleration, the boost needs an escape route. If the boost cannot escape during these times, it can back up and cause shocks to the turbo. A Blow Off Valve (BOV) performs the same task as a DV, but instead of returning the boosted air back into the intake, it vents it the the atmosphere"

credit

Adog332255

Are there any negative effects to installing a BOV. I understand how a BOV works and all but could this potentially cause harm to the motor?

MKVvs...

Passed Driver's Ed
wonder if i can work with standard jack that came with the car,
instead of floor jack or jack stand...