GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how old are most GTI owners

codog11

I'm looking to lease a gti. I test drove one and loved it. Unfortunately 'm having a hard time convincing my wife. She thinks most vw owners are recent college grad. I'll be forty in March - what do you guys think?

Personally the one thing that is holding me back are the Detroit wheels. While I like them, I think they are a little much. I noticed the sale book has optional wheels (tobias I think they are called), however the website has no mention and I have yet to see any gti's with them (perhaps a dealer item?)

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
i haven't heard of the wheels you mentioned, but give the detroits some time, they'll wear on you and if anything, keep them around for your winter setup :thumbsup:

as far as age, i'm 30 and i can tell you dub owners range from 16-100! buy the car YOU like, who cares about how old you are!

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
im 20 and have a 2010 gti.. my neighbor is 33, and has a 08 gti and i convinced him to buy the apr tune lol. age doesnt matter at all. its definitely not a "kids" car like a honda civic Si.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Unlike civic si and mazdaspeed 3 and subaru, this is a mature, refined piece of german engineering that is suitable for all ages.
Yes, younger people do love this car like me (18) but ive seen tons of older peoplee drive a gti, who want a german car but dont have the money for a bmw

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I am 33 and bought my GTI a month and a half ago with the wife's approval. I have been reading the forums to get ideas for my car and I am very impressed with the age range. I had the same thoughts as your wife that it would be a bunch of college kids on here. I have seen so far a range from 16 to 64 on the forums. I have met a couple of 40 + recently who are into tuning their GTIs.

Sent from my T-Mobile Vibrant using Tapatalk Pro

Diluted

Ready to race!
I'm 27, bought the GTI in November. I couldn't be happier, it's a great little car. I thought I'd miss my 03 BMW, I don't. You're only as old as you feel!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I'll be 65 in two months, i am not having a late life crisis, it is just a well made, quality, and actually economical, good gas mileage car. A good sound system was important and also good power when needed. It just happened to be a VW, could have been something else but my wife has had 3 beetles and i am not big on shopping for anything but i go to the VW dealer every few months for her cars service. I will admit i didn't really like the Detroits and the red calipers at first. my son who was home one weekend 36 yrs old, liked them and said man believe me you will grow to like them, he was right.

I like the car, it offers a lot, more than even VW advertises, it is not without its issues, but in comparison to its features and resale, i think you could do a lot worse. i have no regrets, i enjoy driving it and listening to my jazz and older R&R. and contrary to most of the posters, other than it being just about 1/2 inch too high around the wheels, i don't think it needs any mods. If you have children, definitely get the 4 door, it is just as sporty.

ncelk

My wife had the same concerns as yours. I will turn 43 this year. After driving it and spending some time with it, she says that she sees what all the hype is about. She actually takes it from me from time to time..........

XI ShinE XI

I'm almost 26 and I just recently bought a 2011 GTI. I think the GTI is the best looking car for under $30k and I'd probably buy one even when I'm in my 40s or 50s.

EvL BuNNY

Ready to race!
21 here, had me a mazda3 before (totaled it lol). could not be happier with my GTI. (Unless it was an R)

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
21 here. I've wanted a GTI since I was 8.