GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Diesel Coupe from Romania

MK6RO

Hello guys, i am very happy to join this forum and also present you my car : 2012 GOLF 1.6 diesel :( . I bought it stock and i made a few mods, also planning to do more .

From my ex car it feels kinda slow , i had a 2006 Opel Astra GTC diesel remapped around 200 bhp . It was really fast , weight around 1300 kg. It had 18' wheels an exterior body kit and sport suspension.

I am planning to lower this one also and i was wondering what springs should i go for.

First things that i did were : gti chrome inserts on skirts and black mirrors and roof . I think it looks way better imo .

I am posting from my phone, when i get ay my computer i hope i can edit the post so the photos are shown in the post , or any advice will be helpful how to so this from my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_6043.JPG
    IMG_6043.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_6044.JPG
    IMG_6044.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_6045.JPG
    IMG_6045.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_6042.JPG
    IMG_6042.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

MK6RO

OEM Golf R skirts found really really cheap :) and some 17 wheels. And also team Heko wind deflectors ( some say they look bad but i really like 'em, makes the car a little different ).

After these i bought a Votex front lip. It was tricky to fit it on the car , but i think it looks awesome on the car. Also planning to paint my brake calipers same color as the tape i used to keep the front lip in place, i think it looks awesome , the white colour of the car and that light blue.

I bought this car 1 month and a half ago, and almost all my money went on making it better looking. I am keeping my OEM 16' wheels for winter as i have brand new tyres .

I replaced also the 17' in the pictures above with some 18' OEM Mercedes CLA 2015 wheels.

IMO they look way better, what do you think guys? Should i stick with the 17 wheels or these 18 are better? And also , with the stock shocks could i go for sport springs ? -30mm 35 ?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 303
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 296
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 282
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Your last pics with wheels, the Mercedes I'm assuming, look a lot better than the 17's. Stick with the 18's. I went straight to Koni coilovers, so can't say too much about just springs. VWR/DG/H&R seem pretty popular set ups for just springs. Some also get Koni orange or yellow shocks as well for better feel & the yellows have adjustable dampening making the ride more/less stiff. Also make sure to replace the front strut mounts/bearings when doing this. Someone on the forum told me that when I did my suspension, so seems like a good tip.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
welcome to the forum, i would have kept the astra, that looks beautiful!

MK6RO

Thanks for the tips. I'm so happy these arrived also today. Hope they will fit , i will post a photo after i install them.

Attachments

• IMG_6051.JPG
    IMG_6051.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 322

MK6RO

Hey guys, haven't posted for a while, i bougth a votex rear spoiler. Does anyone know if the gti grille fits my normal golf ? It's ok to put it on my normal front bumper ?

Attachments

• IMG_6472.JPG
    IMG_6472.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 103

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Looks great! And yes the GTI grill fits Golf cars as well.