GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car pulls less when low on fuel...

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Hello good people.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

When my car gets low(ish) on fuel (110 or so km remaining --> almost in the red of the meter) I feel like the car doesn't pull nearly as strong as when it's got a fuller tank. I can step on it, hear the turbo spool, but it lacks punch. Then when I fill it up again, I'm able to engage warp drive again.

I'm stage 2 APR, and had noticed the same when I was stage 1.

goose1

Ready to race!
Interesting vid, even more of a reason to not run the tank low

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Interesting. I'd heard that it wasn't good to have a super low tank, but thought that was more of a "be careful not to run out of gas" type thing, not a safety/performance thing.

Lupin

Ready to race!
Hello good people.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

When my car gets low(ish) on fuel (110 or so km remaining --> almost in the red of the meter) I feel like the car doesn't pull nearly as strong as when it's got a fuller tank. I can step on it, hear the turbo spool, but it lacks punch. Then when I fill it up again, I'm able to engage warp drive again.

I'm stage 2 APR, and had noticed the same when I was stage 1.

I have same experience.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter?

I'm not sure to be honest. I just had my 60,000km service, but I believe the manual recommends this part is changed after 40,000 miles (a little over 64,000km)? I'll have to double check if this part was ever changed as part of scheduled service.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure to be honest. I just had my 60,000km service, but I believe the manual recommends this part is changed after 40,000 miles (a little over 64,000km)? I'll have to double check if this part was ever changed as part of scheduled service.

Mine was not done by the dealer, but mostly because I asked them not to. I did it myself at 40-45k, it was much cheaper than paying them to do it and it's pretty easy to get at, only took me 30 minutes to do at most.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Mine was not done by the dealer, but mostly because I asked them not to. I did it myself at 40-45k, it was much cheaper than paying them to do it and it's pretty easy to get at, only took me 30 minutes to do at most.

Yeah sounds simple enough. I'll just check with them in case it's been recently replaced.

Do you know what the part costs?

Sent from the future

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Word. Just checked and it has never been replaced

Sent from the future

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Just an update. Changing the fuel filter solved the issue