GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The return of the R32?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Do you guys think that VW will ever bring back the R32? Or maybe even a 3.4/6L in an R??

bebersol

Ready to race!
In Europe the trend seems to be towards smaller displacement - higher output, and or hybrid high output.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
In Europe the trend seems to be towards smaller displacement - higher output, and or hybrid high output.

x2

In the US as well, a number of manufacturers have gravitated toward 4cyl turbo models to meet federal mileage mandates and still provide the power customers want.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
With the characteristics and tunability of the new EA888 and the trend toward hybrid and full electric, there's no chance at all. They'll put a 2.5T in a Golf before another VR6.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
People have been slathering over a straight-5 2.5T in the R model for years. But I don't see it happening with the trend towards simplifying and cost cutting. Man it could sound sweet though.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
People have been slathering over a straight-5 2.5T in the R model for years. But I don't see it happening with the trend towards simplifying and cost cutting. Man it could sound sweet though.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Swaps don't count. My point was that the 2.5T is an Audi-only engine, and is reserved for RS cars. In other words, it'll never be in a VW, and that's still more likely than another VR6-powered Golf.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Yes i know about you in NY that has the 2.5T Golf R :)

If only you could influence VW to do what you have done.