GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVIII

TiCoyote

Ready to race!
It seems like VW likes to give the current GTI the same HP and torque numbers as the current or outgoing Audi A4. Does that mean that the next GTI is going to get 258 HP and 273 ft-lb of torque?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I don't think so. I think all trims will have same power as current performance model.

Edit: I read ur post as 2018 gti not mk8 lol.
It will need more power to stay competitive. I think your guess will be about right.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
With more power I hope they finally give it a legit LSD.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Looks le ghey. Really hope they dont make it look like that.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/92374/new-mk8-vw-golf-gti-shapes-up-pictures#1

i like the rear on this concept... i like the subtle lamborghini design cues

Last edited:

Dawg82

Agree - like the look much better than MK7. I would think more than 260 HP or so is the max for FWD car?

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Imagine a Hybrid MK8 Golf R with individual electric motors and each wheel!!! BONER!! Ladies and gentlemen the best era for cars is back!!. Just look at what we have already and we have been waiting since the 90s. The La Ferrari, NSX, Hellcat Demon, Type R civic and the up an coming Supra. Tesla with the P100d model S. Car heaven is back. Only thing that sucks is US will no longer see a 2 door golf. FML

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Imagine a Hybrid MK8 Golf R with individual electric motors and each wheel!!! BONER!! Ladies and gentlemen the best era for cars is back!!. Just look at what we have already and we have been waiting since the 90s. The La Ferrari, NSX, Hellcat Demon, Type R civic and the up an coming Supra. Tesla with the P100d model S. Car heaven is back. Only thing that sucks is US will no longer see a 2 door golf. FML

Just never get rid of the one you have now lolol!!!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Ugh these new models just make me want to keep my MK6 forever. MK7 is not growing on me still, and the mk8 concepts look terrible!!