GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual transmission problems

H4Y

Been having trouble shifting into 1st gear and revers for the last few weeks on my cars standard 6 gear manual transmission.
It happens more often when the engine is cold, its hard to get the car into 1st and revers, and also out of those gears. Sometimes it just wont shift and I have to release the clutch and try again.

Shifting into 1st has always been a little hard, but it`s gotten worse now in the winter cold.

Anyone else having similar problems??

PDUB

Ready to race!
No problems with 1or reverse but sometimes it doesn't wanna go into 2nd or 3rd itl grind pretty bad, and I'm not new at driving stick either. Any one else?

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
mine acts a little harsh when its cold but once it warms up it shifts in and out of gear smoothly. occasionally if im not paying attention and dont put it into gear all the way it'll grind a lil bit. other than that its fine

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
It has rejected 3rd a few times. but not too often.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!

jgs5607

Ready to race!
I have not had any problems upshifting or downshifting where the transmission does not want to shift in to gear, even shifting 3 gears either way.

I have had trouble finding the position for 3rd while downshifting from 6th a couple of times but that is more of a shifter problem than a transmission prblem.