GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI vs 2002 TT 1.8t Stage 2

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I have heard it before but never believed it until I saw it for myself. Today I ran against a Stage 2 Audi TT 1.8t and walked away from it at 70mph on the highway. I didn't think to much of it at the time because i didn't know what the kid had done to the car but when I got to my destination which was the same as the kid, the first thing out of his mouth was "please tell me your not stock" I had a good chuckle and said yup, except for an intake.

He was very impressed by the stock power of the gti but overall blamed quatro and said he hates us front wheel drive people.

Either way it was nice to go up against someone and be able to talk to them afterwards. Good guy, I just wish i was stage 1 so i could have really pissed him off. :D

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
that's the K04 225hp 1.8t quattro you're talking about? and stage 2?
mmm.. his engine must have aged pretty bad..

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
that's the K04 225hp 1.8t quattro you're talking about? and stage 2?
mmm.. his engine must have aged pretty bad..

No i believe his TT is a 1.8t 180hp TT from the factory and then he also had an intake, full exhaust (i think it was APR) and also the tune for stage 2 not sure on the software manufacture.

chlippo

i was a passenger in a stage 1 TT (basicly intake, downpipe, revo-remap) VS my freind stock GTI. The gti wasnt able to get ahead of the tuned TT.
But still pretty impressive from a stock GTI!!

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
correct on the motor if his car is a quattro...but that generation quattro is an anchor...its not the motor being aged

I"m not sure what you mean by that comment? The 180hp K03 turbo motor came with quatro. I'm sure he would have said something if he had the K04, he would have been even more pissed that he lost.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
the quattro 1.8ts were all 225hp...the fwd were the 180hp models

I believe you are mistaken. This is straight off on edmunds.com

http://www.edmunds.com/audi/tt/2002/tmv-appraise.html?sub=coupe&style=100003626

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
Why would that old generation of quattro drag it down that much? It's a first gem haldex which will send all power to the front wheels(maybe 95%) until wheel slip is detected.