GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Little experiment for those with losing boost pressure

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Would you consider what you saw excessive though? A small amount of blow-by is normal for these cars, it doesn't hurt anything. If it's pooling up in your DV (like it did when it ruined my Rev G DV) then you have a problem.

Honestly, yeah. I do work on a lot of other local guys cars around Chicago and I seem to have more build up than other cars. I do have a k04 which might add to it.

FriggenT1

Banned
Honestly, yeah. I do work on a lot of other local guys cars around Chicago and I seem to have more build up than other cars. I do have a k04 which might add to it.

I read not long ago that from some testing that most pcv valves fail right above 17 psi. The symptoms just aren't always as apparent in all situations

FriggenT1

Banned
The Humble Mechanic tells me I may be at a point where it's time to do a pcv delete and just use a catch can.

Guess I'm in the market now...morepowah = moremuhney

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I just think that is such a stupid design though. Idk why I seem to be having the issue, unless it is a bad pcv, but either way I know they really weren't made to hold so much pressure in stock form.

A properly functioning PCV won't dump a lot of oil. If yours is doing that you may want to consider replacing it. You can find aftermarket ones for like $50. After replacing mine I get very little oil seepage.

the pcv doesn't control how much oil is returned. it's whatever is in the oil. it does as good a job as it can to reroute separated oil but it can't separate it all. from my research it typically indicates piston rings. not enough to cause an issue with driveability or compression, but still a lot to just dump back into your intake tract.

when your car is in boost it reroutes to pre-turbo, because if it left the intake manifold hose open it could push pressurized air backwards into the head. but obviously all other situations you'd want the oil going in as close to the valves as possible. but with that in mind it makes sense if you drive your car harder you'll have more blowby pre-turbo and higher mileage engines will have more oil in the blowby.

How would you hook up a dump tube to the rear pcv hose? I would be worried about breaking the line in the back, but it's got that funny square end on the hose.

you have to cut off the connector and attach a hose over or inside it, then block off the port on the intake.

FriggenT1

Banned
Well, what little I gained, will not gain anymore. I can get no more than 23 psi, even at 90% wgdc. It's very frustrating, so the car will have to go into the shop to be checked, I cannot check anymore. I've done all I can, tested and retested for leaks, changed DV, unless the n75 is bad or something else idk, but I don't know how to check that.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I have apr k04 3.1 software, it spikes about 28-29.

Wow, 28-29?! I don't think that's normal man. I think your overboosting. Should be right around 24.