GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 GTI vs 2011 WRX

kyclops

Ready to race!
So, I bit the bullet and got tuned today, and I love it!

Aside from that, I wanted to see how it compared to my buddies new WRX. I'll see if I can tape it sometime since I'm sure some people won't believe, or won't care without proof but:

We did a 40mph roll to 60ish, I pulled on him, he was a good 5 or so feet behind my back bumper when I was done. Other than that, we just did random pulls and I can pull on him no problem. It's not like I'm leaving him in the dust, but I'm pulling ahead by enough to be proud of!

gkallis

Ready to race!
thats impressive lol people think the wrx's r so fast because of the 0-60 time which is only so good because of the AWD

iwannagofast1

Nice run! I have had a lot of experiences with the new WRX, your story sounds identical to mine. I pulled about a car from 50-110 or so.

...just wait til your buddy gets a tune.

msm00b

Ready to race!
If you're not racing from a dig, you take out the un-modded WRX's biggest advantage.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
true... but otherwise, he should kill you. If he goes Cobb Accessport stage 1, he will really kill you.

kyclops

Ready to race!
true... but otherwise, he should kill you. If he goes Cobb Accessport stage 1, he will really kill you.

He said when he gets back from vacation in two weeks he's going to get the accessport. haha. I'll keep this two weeks near and dear. haha.

kyclops

Ready to race!
Just bought one of those mini hd camera things today, so possibly soon. I'd like to try to rig a mount somehow. Not sure if I want to do it between the front seats, bridging the gap between the seats and maybe clipping around the headrest posts, or something toward the back of the car.

pubahs

Passed Driver's Ed
Raced a WRX off the lights last night rain had just stopped and it was going uphill.

He had me off the line (GTI kept spinning) either way I caught up no problem and was right on his back bumper. If it wasn't for the fact I was going one way and he the other (and I was concerned about police) Im sure the GTI would have pulled away.

Stage 1 APR v1.2 tune, stock everything else, 6MT