GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Build Thread - Project Jekyll & Hyde

riceburner

Autocross Champion
those seats wow!! <3 and whole car of course!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the more i read into your stuff the more i want to just copycat everything loool. I just went ahead and purchased dei tape for my intake, PTP exhaust wrap, and the treadstone MAF air straightener.

Will very soon be likely purchasing the MK5 R32 Belly tray, and posssibly a turbo blanket as well. I'm a huge advocate for keeping things cool. Would certainly go the aquamist meth route but think i'm going snow stage 2 instead.

Sorry to derail and make it about my build but the inspiration is following yours haha.

Thanks for sharing all the info you do, it's appreciated.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
the more i read into your stuff the more i want to just copycat everything loool. I just went ahead and purchased dei tape for my intake, PTP exhaust wrap, and the treadstone MAF air straightener.

Will very soon be likely purchasing the MK5 R32 Belly tray, and posssibly a turbo blanket as well. I'm a huge advocate for keeping things cool. Would certainly go the aquamist meth route but think i'm going snow stage 2 instead.

Sorry to derail and make it about my build but the inspiration is following yours haha.

Thanks for sharing all the info you do, it's appreciated.

you are welcome, everything you discussed above is a good choice to adding incremental changes to your build. Keep it cool to prolong the power.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
You're still running the VWR subframe mounts? Been thinking about changing mine. I'm running stock upper and 034 lower pucks at the moment. But I don't want anymore noise than I have, which I think is mostly coming from my BFI stage 3 clutch(which is now slipping and I'm getting the stage 2 SB daily soon). Not sure what to do about the pendulum mount either.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
You're still running the VWR subframe mounts? Been thinking about changing mine. I'm running stock upper and 034 lower pucks at the moment. But I don't want anymore noise than I have, which I think is mostly coming from my BFI stage 3 clutch(which is now slipping and I'm getting the stage 2 SB daily soon). Not sure what to do about the pendulum mount either.

I found the engine and trans mounts controlled the trans/clutch noise. BFI was the loudest. 034 street has been a blessing. When paired with the VWR subframe mount(s), it's been sublime.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Build thread has been updated with the latest and photos posted on IG @becauseHYDE16; changes include:

-Advanti Racing Storm S1 17"x9" ET45 Wheels & Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 245/40/17 Tires
-Corbeau RRB Seats
-GS Auto Solutions – Push Clutch to Start Bypass Harness
-Innovate Motorsports EBC-1 all in one gauge (sold off the AEM Digital Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge, AEM Water/Methanol Flow Gauge and Greddy Profec boost controller)
-Raceseng Circuit Series Shift Knob (review hyperlink on first page)
-SuperPro Performance End Links
-SuperPro Roll Centre Adjusting Ball Joint
-Swift Rear 400lb Progressive Springs
-WhanAB Billet Aluminum Dipstick Handle

I have the following for sale as well:
-H3R Performance HG250B Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher with Rennline Quick Disconnect Fire Extinguisher Mount
-Whiteline Rear Sway Bar End Links

Car was recently featured at Waterfest 23’s and in PASMAG Waterfest 23, July 2017

Last edited:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Keeping this thread up to date, several changes over the past few weeks; full photo coverage posted on IG @becauseHYDE16

-ZZP Opel injectors swapped out for 8V S3 / MK7 Golf R injectors (slightly less flow but better spray pattern and drivability)
-Turbosmart diverter valve installed
-Engine bay topside fuel line converted to PTFE SS -6AN line & port fuel injectors connected
-New 2-stage Aquamist water methanol layout installed (post intercooler jet vs. direct port methanol jets)
-AEM AFR gauge removed, Innovate ECB-1 installed to monitor ethanol %, fuel temp, 4-bar boost, AFR
-Neuspeed turbo outlet pipe extended to remove the OEM green o-ring gasket connection to the Pag Parts true FMIC
-All worm gear clamps from the turbo compressor outlet through the turbo outlet pipe replaced with T-bolt clamps
-Throttle body coupler worm gear clamps replaced with T-bolt clamps
-New Eurodyne file with CAM 2 timing map smoothed out, revised LPFP duty cycle MAP and revised N75 duty cycle MAP for HIGHER boost (~26psi)
-New Torqbyte GPO1 MAP to support higher boost with twin 1,000cc split stream Bosch EV14 injectors
-New Torqbyte MAIN MAP to provide cooling through the 1.2mm Aquamist post intercooler jet (triggers at 8-10psi)
-New Torqbyte GPO2 MAP to turn on the second stage of water methanol through direct port Aquamist jets (triggers at 20psi for now)

Time to continue logging and watching AFR to dial in port fuel so we can keep increasing boost levels to 30+ psi. The car is an absolute monster.

Next up, 2K mile engine break in sample of Brad Penn racing oil going out to Blackstone Labs and Brad Penn’s lead engineer for results and future oil recommendations and the Ecliptech Shift-P2+ installation and review.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Nasty dude. Who powder coated your valve cover? I thought the TSI guys couldn't do that.

zrickety

The Fixer
Very nice. What kind of HP are you thinking now?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Very nice. What kind of HP are you thinking now?

Based on MAF value extrapolation, we should be easily over 400HP. Based on boost level and fueling requirement we are approaching 450HP. As I log and dial in port fuel, we flash increased boost Eurodyne files to bring peak boost up to 30+ psi.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
First off, Very nice car.

Then I think to myself, So this is what a $30k car with $50k in mods looks like? haha.

You must do something in the trade and have done most of this work yourself to keep it within some kind of budget.

Can you talk about how you came up with this idea, why, and how did you afford to do it?

I think allot of readers would be interested in how to do something like this themselves.

Thanks for posting your most excellent build. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:icon_secta:

Jeff