GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trading the GTI for an RS5

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
3k carbon cleaning every 30k miles unless you want to be smoked by an accord due to lack of power

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
3k carbon cleaning every 30k miles unless you want to be smoked by an accord due to lack of power

I've been looking into this and I've not seen really any reports of this on the RS5 like I have the other V8 Audis. The only thing this motor shares with the motor in the S5 is the displacement and number of cylinders; it's a completely new engine based on the 5.2 V10.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I've been looking into this and I've not seen really any reports of this on the RS5 like I have the other V8 Audis. The only thing this motor shares with the motor in the S5 is the displacement and number of cylinders; it's a completely new engine based on the 5.2 V10.

Who the hell has 30-40k miles on a 2014+ RS model audi?

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Who the hell has 30-40k miles on a 2014+ RS model audi?

The RS5 has been around for a while, it was facelifted in 2013 which is when the U.S. got them.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/600012-RS5-carbon-buildup-it-s-starting

Um... looks like 17k is enough :laugh:

some things never change.

At least there is a warranty.

People also complain of the 2.0T and carbon buildup, I never once had an issue with mine. I'm not saying the potential isn't there, but Ive got a 100k mile warranty. If it has an issue I'll take it in.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Warranty means 0FG until 100k so just enjoy the car bruH!

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

That's a redonkulous number.

Highly rated euro shop near me that did mine does it for around 1K.

Good luck with the ride. Jelly. Thread needs moar PICS.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That's a redonkulous number.

Highly rated euro shop near me that did mine does it for around 1K.

Good luck with the ride. Jelly. Thread needs moar PICS.

You have an RS5?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
You have an RS5?

I wish. Should've been more specific. The shop that did the carbon cleaning on my GTI charges 1k for the same service on an RS5.

I know that because I was talking to the service advisor about carbon cleaning in general, how it can increase performance, etc. while mine was being done. He mentioned one of his clients that has an RS5 was curious about the difference so he had his car dynoed, had the service done and then dynoed it again (must be nice to shit 50s...).

Anyway, I commented about how much it must suck to pay a ton for the same job on a car like that and he said it was "only" $400 more than I paid for the GTI service..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Oh not bad. Audi charges a fair amount more. I suppose 1k every 30k miles isn't the end of the world. Prob what the tires run for that car anyways.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
still waiting on pics.

we have a local shop that does carbon cleaning for about $300 :D always gotta find dem dealz.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
still waiting on pics.

we have a local shop that does carbon cleaning for about $300 :D always gotta find dem dealz.

That can't be a scrub job. Gotta be a "spray and pray" approach...?

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Pardon the necro, lost track of my online presence after some positive life changes but I'm here to fulfill the promise of pics (click thumbnails) and provide an update!

Rolled over 36K a few days ago while I'm here at school for some CompTIA certs at Norfolk.
Car has been perfect, not a single issue minus some miscellaneous rock chips courtesy of South Carolina; I don't have a bore scope but the go pedal says carbon buildup is likely minimal if not non existent.

But this will always have a special place in my heart :wub:

I'll still be lingering around, If anyone is in the Norfolk area and wants some vag-com stuff done just hit me up, I don't charge; I like meeting new people and bullshitting around :thumbup:.