GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bagged to Big Turbo!

runnin9z1

Passed Driver's Ed
Bagged to Big Turbo GTI! And a Turbo NSX!

Hi All,

My name is Ash and this is a write up on my 2010 GTI.

Im not completely new to the VW scene, I had a MKV back on 09 that was on Bagyard airbags and BBS RS's (real original). Nothing really done performance wise, just APR tune and an intake.

Untitled by Ashley Betchar, on Flickr

Fast forward to a few months ago and I came across a 2010 GTI that had a "timing issue" for a steal of a price.

Needless to say i picked it up. The previous owner had a shop pull it apart so it was easy to see that there wasn't much damage. Failed item was the Chain Tensioner.

Mk6 by Ashley Betchar, on Flickr

Decided I didn't want to do anything crazy, just rebuild it with New valves, and springs to prep it for a K04 and keep it as a daily.

Well that was short lived and we ended up pulling the whole motor and doing a decent build

Integrated Engineering Drop in Rods
Integrated Engineering Valve springs
Ferrea Intake and Exhaust Valves
ARP head studs
All new timing components.

Still deciding on what Turbo kit to go with but I am leaning towards the CTS kit with the GTX3071R

Stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited:

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

runnin9z1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys should be putting the engine back in the car this week. Any advice?

When it came out the head was off and the block dropped out the bottom. What do you guys recommend to get the complete engine back in. Through the top or bottom?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys should be putting the engine back in the car this week. Any advice?

When it came out the head was off and the block dropped out the bottom. What do you guys recommend to get the complete engine back in. Through the top or bottom?

Honestly if it was me I'd pull the front bumper and other components off and slide it right I the front...

When I did my IC install and removed the OEM IC I was surprised how easily it could all be removed. But if you have a lift and I was only choosing to pot bottom I'd go bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk