GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TommieTuenz Garage Dayz

TommieTuenz

So last week I took a few days off because a bunch of backordered parts came in. The list:

H&R Touring Cup Kit
S3 Intercooler
42dd Turbo-back
Silly-azz Noise Pipe Delete kit

First things first, I set up a DVD rig in the garage to distract me from my skinned knuckles and f-bombs and such. :laugh:

Here is how the S3 FMIC came from ECS--totally encased in 3 inches of bubble wrap. They could have drop-shipped it on Mars and it would have survived!

Some of the tools for the suspension work:

H&R Stuff:

Preparing for the suitcase delete:

Pile of discarded parts growing:

The image you need to be psychologically prepared for with FMIC swap:

Before photo, with no mods except tint:

After shots. Oh yeah, got Karthoums too. Detroits are now Blizzak-shod:

I still have the AWE CCB and the boost vent guage on backorder. After all the supporting mods I will get a stage 2 flash. Still undecided on vendor though.

As for lessons learned, it helped that I had the car torn down and did some of these projects at the same time. Major parts of the installs were like wrestling a polar bear though, specifically the front struts and the exhaust. Having a second pair of hands would have been great.

Technically, the Vdub is tougher to work on than the Fords and Hondas I am used to. My Mustang GT, for instance, had a lot more room to work in and didn't require the boatload of special tools that the GTI does. Consequently, I spent a fair amount of time just studying how things were assembled before I tore anything down. Now, however, I'm a certified god-danged expert. :thumbup:

Will post more photos once the intake and boost gauge show up and are installed.