GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

candywhite vs shadow blue

0cMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys so im in search for my mk6.. and originally i had my heart set on candy white but im curious how the shadow blue is... white looks very clean and is also ez to maintain... from the pictures ive seen shadow blue looks very nice as well. i guess my question is how dark is shadow blue? compared to black? will the color stand out in sunlight? i cant seem to find a dealer that has this color in any model/trim? so its really hard for me to pick a color to pursue. can anyone give me any input on shadow blue? is it a dark blue? hence the name "shadow" blue? if its a really dark color i would assume it would be just as difficult or close to as far as maintaining the cleanliness of the paint?? tia!

RuckU2

Ready to race!
I just purchased the Candy White. My decision behind this was it ease to match wheel colors. Pretty much, any color of wheel will look good on white. Where as with blue you are stuck with only a few choice colors. My whole decision behind buying the Golf was it being mod friendly.

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
I struggled with the same decision as you. I wanted CW too. When I got to the dealer, they had an SB optioned exactly as I wanted and I fell in love with the color.

Haha same here seem like everyone has the same story . To me sb is my pick . It's almost A bright blue in the direct sun , over cast a darker blue and at some angles purple . It can also look black at times . The only thing I can complain about my car is , it's a pain in the ass I wash my car every Friday and at times it look as if I haven't washed it in a month .overall o still say sb , think about it how many white cars do you see out there .

0cMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha same here seem like everyone has the same story . To me sb is my pick . It's almost A bright blue in the direct sun , over cast a darker blue and at some angles purple . It can also look black at times . The only thing I can complain about my car is , it's a pain in the ass I wash my car every Friday and at times it look as if I haven't washed it in a month .overall o still say sb , think about it how many white cars do you see out there .

sooo it IS a color difficult to maintain...

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Get a CW with a black roof :thumbsup:

ImmI

Ready to race!
SB because I like the color contrast between the blue color and the red stripe on the grill and the red brake calipers. But that's just me. CW isn't a bad color, it's just too common for my liking.

GiGi GTI

Ready to race!
I went with CW (over CSG) because I'm a freakazoid about matching. The Interlagos interior didn't match with blue IMO. Colored cars are awesome, but I'm glad I went with CW. A pain to clean, but it looks incredible when it is. I also feel like swirl marks will show less in white than a dark color. Keeps nice and cool too.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Easy choice for Canadians SB is not available here... I have a cw and love it. But if reflex silver was available in Canada for GTIs I probably would have gone that way.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
CW.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I wanted a SB but i couldn't find one the way i wanted it....hell there was only 1 gti within 500 miles that was a 4dr 6speed with bi-xenon's...i was flexible on the 4 dr part, but i didn't want a csg and that is how I ended up with my UG haha

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
sooo it IS a color difficult to maintain...

yeah but you can't get lazy always gotta look fly and you'll look like this lol

Attachments

• 308063_10150308579957929_834287928_7852391_2719400_n.jpg
    308063_10150308579957929_834287928_7852391_2719400_n.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 236